Sponsored Post New Giveaway: Try out the Southern States Poultry Pal App for a chance to win!

Just a touch dissappointed with this app. Once I finally got it to download it kept crashing. I barley get into it and its forcing a close. If it finally works it locks up constantly when i get past manage my flock. I wish there was a bigger list of chicken breeds or the option to type in your own breed. I wish the egg tracker could be linked to specific birds rather then the whole flock. Its a great idea and i cant wait for improvements! Im excited about this apps future!

Excellent idea!! I can never keep track of all the eggs set. Maybe a # or name for the incubator or broody too, since some of us have it reallllly bad. LOL 

Also I've seen other things listed that I haven't seen on it. I guess that means I don't get the whole page either? 
I think alot of us have the fever bad and need all of this to stay organized!
I did notice than when I updated that I lost all of my info. Please please fix this so when we update we get to keep all of our info!

Thanks

Downloaded this on my iphone and I really like it. I'm mostly using it for the "egg tracker" function. Two ideas for improvement on the egg tracker: 1) Sort by date rather than time entered for different days. For example, if I enter in today's eggs and then yesterday's eggs (in that order), I'd still like to see today's eggs first on the list. 2) Default to the number pad on the egg count field, right now it defaults to the qwerty keyboard.

Downloaded the app. I like it. Does need more breed choses, like being able to list each chicken and eggs for the day.
wee.gif

I would love to give this app a higher feedback. It has a lot of what I am looking for but it just feels incomplete, user unable to add much needed content, and crashes constantly.
Issues I found:
1. Can't add or edit chicken breeds.
2. App crashes sometimes when starting it.
3. No where to save RSS feeds or articles the user wants to keep under "Articles" Our only option is what is being listed for us.
4. Product catalog doesn't load.
5. Under "Managing flock" the user can't add their own breed of chickens if it is not listed (see #1)
6. Under "Poultry Blog" constantly get an error "Unable to load blog" and when it doesn't give an error, it doesn't load the blog.
7. No place to add blogs (or add RSS feeds of blogs WE want to follow) we find.
8. Items listed under "More" don't work or won't come up.
9. Egg tracker needs to have "Pen #" added to it. We have two different chicken pens to keep the breeds separate and I would love to track eggs separately by pen.

I can't wait to see what they do to improve this app. It has a great start and a lot of features I would like to use if they worked.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom