Sponsored Post New Giveaway: Try out the Southern States Poultry Pal App for a chance to win!

I would like to try it out but when I tried to download on my android tablet, it said my device isn't compatible?? I have an Acer 500, hardly an unknown type of device. Not happy!

Poultry Pal App Review:
I rate this app as a 2.3/5
Would I recommend this to a friend? Maybe some day

The app constantly crashes and doesn't update "Gallery" whatsoever. While the app has good graphics, the functionality is limited by constant and consistent crashes when using anything that requires saving or viewing multiple pictures. When saving pictures to "Manage My Flock" the pictures don't seem to stay put if you leave the app of for extended periods of time as well as previously stored information. The breeds of chickens to choose from when "editing your flock" is very limited as well as amount of information available about chickens on the "Chicken Guide" but there are the basics. Sometimes you will try an click on something like the "save" button or "my shopping list" and nothing will happen even if you can see that the button was clicked. The idea is nice but is expansive in the bugs that need worked out.

Last edited:
wonder what the ETA is for an update to the app
hu.gif

Love this new app! I can keep track of my chickens and their info in addition to keeping a record of eggs they lay. I really appreciate the different resources the app offers, this is tremendous for long time chicken keepers and newbies liked myself. Thank you!

i downloaded it and like is so far but if i were to change or add anything it would be a wider variety of breeds. other than that i like it.

Overall I like it but but it could use some more breeds and when you see the name PoultryPal I would make the assumption that it includes quail, ducks, turkeys, and chickens but when I opened it up I found there's only one article about turkeys the rest is chickens. I like tracking the eggs I just wish that they could add something so I could track each egg separately. I liked the manage my flock option if they could add a timeline option to it so you could take a picture every day or week and be able to see the progress would be ideal. Also it would be nice to have more pictures and information in the chicken breeds. I did like the articles as they had detailed information. I would also like to be able to add a breed it would be helpful for those with a mixed breed. Overall it's a very good app I will recommend it to others.

Last edited:
I have had this app for a few months. It constantly wipes out all my data. Not a very good app because of that. I wish it didn't cause otherwise it is great.

Back
Top Bottom