New gosling with splayed (spraddle) legs

TarHeelBlue

Songster
9 Years
Jan 2, 2011
Yukon, Oklahoma
HELP - anybody that can give me advise on how to fix splayed legs in a gosling. It was hatched yesterday and can't walk due to legs being splayed out. Pics would be very helpful, but I will take any advice I can get THANKS

Iwent and read this on how to take care of the spraddle legs. I got my goslings and first took the index finger and thumb and ran it from the top of the leg down gentley and the right leg popped the left did not. So rbuubed the legs gentley and took tape and went right where I call the elbow of the leg and went right under it with tape put it around the one leg and gave enough room inbetween that baby could walk and brought the tape over to the other leg and wrapped it then took the tape and went over the tape so it would not stick to the gosling. After a couple hours with me I put the gosling back and the next time I checked on it baby was standing and walking around with the tapped legs.

Good luck.

You welcome and I got the help from Celtic and on BYC here! It sure does work when you listen to those who have had the problem before us. Was happy to explane and hope it works for you.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom