New Hampshire Red OR New Hampshire Heritage Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for setting things straight. The only hatchery catalog I've had (Meyer's) refers to the breed as "New Hampshire Red" (the ranch I bought mine from also calls them this). I can see where it could get confusing.

Now then, does any one else have pics to share? :D

Thank you for setting things straight. The only hatchery catalog I've had (Meyer's) refers to the breed as "New Hampshire Red" (the ranch I bought mine from also calls them this). I can see where it could get confusing.
Now then, does any one else have pics to share?
big_smile.png
Thanks for not deserting me!
smile.png

Here are some of my birds. I love them.

And for anyone out there, please don't say they're "production reds." They are NHR. Certified.

Last edited:
smile.png

And for anyone out there, please don't say they're "production reds." They are RIR. Certified.

As my friend Daniel Patrick Moynuhan was quoted as saying:" everyone is entitled to their own opinion, they're not entitled to their own facts". The fact is that these are production bred Reds not show type or "Heritage" if you will, Reds. By whom were they "certified"?
Two things are confusing about this post. First-it's in a thread titled "New Hampshire Red Heritage Thread" so why would one post Rhode Island Reds here? Secondly-on the Heritage Rhode Island Red thread, post #2454 you suddenly remembered that these self-same birds are New Hampshire Reds. Which is it?

Last edited:
As my friend Daniel Patrick Moynuhan was quoted as saying:" everyone is entitled to their own opinion, they're not entitled to their own facts". The fact is that these are production bred Reds not show type or "Heritage" if you will, Reds. By whom were they "certified"?
Two things are confusing about this post. First-it's in a thread titled "New Hampshire Red Heritage Thread" so why would one post Rhode Island Reds here? Secondly-on the Heritage Rhode Island Red thread, post #2454 you suddenly remembered that these self-same birds are New Hampshire Reds. Which is it?
These birds are... As my old grandma from Mars used to say, New Hampshire Reds.

And you see... we aren't all chicken geniuses. I'm not Bobby Fischer of the chicken world. I'm liable to get things mixed up. Unlike you, the Great God And Master Of High Chicken Expertise. Both breeds are red. Duh'oh.

And as for certified.................................................................... Make your own generalizations. They are "pure bred" birds. This is Sparta, and my birds are New Hampshire Reds.

cool.png

smile.png

And for anyone out there, please don't say they're "production reds." They are NHR. Certified.

Your right these are New Hampshire reds or whatever in the world anybody that owns or sells them as. BUT...

here are New Hampshires see the differences:

http://cdn.backyardchickens.com/c/cb/900x900px-LL-cb03c2cd_DSCN2455.jpeg
http://cdn.backyardchickens.com/0/02/900x900px-LL-02587665_DSCN2449.jpeg

Jeff

Your right these are New Hampshire reds or whatever in the world anybody that owns or sells them as. BUT...

here are New Hampshires see the differences:

http://cdn.backyardchickens.com/c/cb/900x900px-LL-cb03c2cd_DSCN2455.jpeg
http://cdn.backyardchickens.com/0/02/900x900px-LL-02587665_DSCN2449.jpeg

Jeff
Yes, but watch this:

They are both the same breed, NH and NHR. Mine are much crappier, I'm sure, and the birds you linked to are heritage. But all I'm trying to say is that they're all the same breed.

The breed is called New Hampshire AND New Hampshire Red. Agreed, New Hampshire is the most accurate name, but New Hampshire Red is legitimate as well.

Btw, you can't see it in the pics, but my birds also have black tails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom