New Hatchling Seems Deformed

Shu Shu

Chirping
Apr 26, 2020
I have 3 of 8 chicks fully hatched and drying off. The other 5 have pipped. One of the hatchlings has legs that seem misshapen (almost slightly webbed where they connect to its back) and the feet are curled up tight. This chick is 4 hours old and not walking well at all. The other two are walking around and seem fine. Looking for any shared experience on this topic. I am in wait and see mode but feel bad for this little one.

I have 3 of 8 chicks fully hatched and drying off. The other 5 have pipped. One of the hatchlings has legs that seem misshapen (almost slightly webbed where they connect to its back) and the feet are curled up tight. This chick is 4 hours old and not walking well at all. The other two are walking around and seem fine. Looking for any shared experience on this topic. I am in wait and see mode but feel bad for this little one.
Pics please?

Pics please?
HI MGG! So I have 4 chicks hatched and the one I'm concerned about just keeps walking around "on its knees" and cant use its feet. Cant open the incubator yet. There is also another one that has been laying on its side sleeping, not walking, for the last 8 hours. The other chicks knock into it but it simply wont stand, looks normal, hatched fine, no assistance. so different than my last hatch. No pics yet, will post when I open the incubator.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom