New hens not laying

Payturpin

Chirping
Aug 2, 2020
I recently acquired 2, 6 month old barred rock laying hens. I expected there to be a little bit of a lapse in laying due to the stress of the move and integrating into an established flock.. however, I’ve had them for almost 2 weeks and they’re still not laying. Just looking for reassurance that this is normal and I shouldn’t stress over it?

I recently acquired 2, 6 month old barred rock laying hens. I expected there to be a little bit of a lapse in laying due to the stress of the move and integrating into an established flock.. however, I’ve had them for almost 2 weeks and they’re still not laying. Just looking for reassurance that this is normal and I shouldn’t stress over it?
It's going to take longer than 2 weeks to acclimate. You are also fighting shorter days. Keep them on a steady routine with a good complete feed with oyster shell on the side and be patient.

It's going to take longer than 2 weeks to acclimate. You are also fighting shorter days. Keep them on a steady routine with a good complete feed with oyster shell on the side and be patient.
Okay yeah that’s what I figured but this didn’t happen last time integrated laying hens. They continued laying no problem so I just wanted to make sure!

Back
Top Bottom