New here and looking for some help confirming who and what!

Jullie

Hatching
Aug 7, 2016

I had totally been thinking this one (above), Feathers, was a gal since it was one of the more docile and didnt crow, but others have told me Im crazy, lol. And of course just a few days ago we started hearing crows and then today saw him going after one of the others, Mavis (or is it Davis?! Jurys out on that one)

So this is the one no one seems to agree on yet. Mavis or Davis? And what breed?

Pretty certain the other 3 are girls but dont know the breeds... White one is Sunny (that hair, lol!), light golden is Punk Rock Becky, and the dark brown/blackish with the beautiful golden mane is Jacob Salois Jr. (my son Jacob named her)
tongue.png
Looking forward to any feedback you all may have to offer!

The first is a cockerel and for the second, well Mavis is Davis. See the dark red on the shoulders, the irredescent tails feathers--cockerel.

So iridescent tail feathers generally indicate roo? Is that across all breeds? Thats interesting. So much to learn!!

Well, I don't claim to be a expert, but your second bird looks to be getting rooster tail feathers. Breeds like Australorps have irridescent green feathers all over (hens too) so I guess the irridescent thing depends on the breed, but when the sickle feathers, saddle, and long pointed hackle feathers come in you will know. Unless it crows first. But that dark red in the wing is really screaming cockerel to me.

Back
Top Bottom