New here.

I got chickens this spring and not because of the pandemic but it sure made it a lot more difficult. I started with 4 barred rocks, to White leghorns, and 6 cinnamon Queens all laying. After what I presume was a dog attack and I was left with 1 Barred Rock and 5 cinnamon Queens. I have since built a larger coop and secured their yard. I had also bought two white leghorns and to Blue australorps there are approximately 4 months old. I've got baby chicks from murray about a month old consisting of 5 bielefelder pullets (only ordered 2 but something must have happened with the welsummer chicks so to make it good they shipped me three extra bielefelders), 2 white leghorn pullets, 2 silver wyandotte pullets, 3 barred rock pullets, 2 black austrolorp pullets, 2 rhode island red pullets, 2 brown leghorn pullets, 1 rhode island red male, 1 brown leghorn male (wich died at about a week old I believe to pasting),1 surprise chick that after much research comparing the chicks on their site I believe to be a french white maran not sure of sex though. Also when they were a week or so old we got 4 Americana pullets (Easter eggers)from tractor supply. I know that I go overboard lol. This site has been extremely helpful. My next step is getting them out of the house but with the heat and rain I'm a little Leary just yet. Here are pictures of my setup.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom