New Horse!

If anyone is interested in the mustangs now, there are/were 3 available from Iowa and the low price included transportation. They had been with a lady who could not afford them, and the man who took them over owns a horse transport company.

If you are interested I will find you his contact info. 3 mustangs, 3, 4, 5 year olds, all had been saddled and at least sat on. they were all under $1000 as the lady had some bills to pay and was trying to sell fast.

let me know....

I have 2 TWH, 1 QH, 3 mixed QH - one is a 4 month old filly.

margaret

Thanks everyone! I love my Huey, she is our sofa horse.
big_smile.png

ParkerVA When is the vet check on yours?? Did she have it yet.........

Vet check was yesterday, everything came out good.

She's coming home tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.png

I rode her again yesterday, she is so gentle. The person who was selling her is low on hay and needed money, otherwise I know she wouldn't have sold her. It is breaking her heart, but she can tell we will provide a great home and the vet confirmed it for her!
wink.png

I told her she could come at any time to see her or to come trail riding with us.

I did misunderstand her background. Her mom is a percheron/morgan cross and her dad is a QH. She moves really nice and smooth!

Guess what I will be doing Saturday?
big_smile.png

Quote:
I have a paint/percheron X who will be two this spring. He shares a 16 flake bale) plus 2 corn cans (Sorry, that's what I use to measure with
tongue.png
)of Rolling acres all-horse, and one corn can of oats. Our hay is very good quality. We also have a Morgan/thoroughbred X and he eats the same. I was not aware that perches have special feed requirements. Our horses are healthy, happy. The morgan x will be leaving in two months, and we are getting a QH. We will feed the new boy as his current owner feeds him.

Not ALL Perchies carry EPSM, but many, many do. If you ever see a problem with weakness in the topline, trouble backing and picking up rear hooves...then you're likely looking at the beginnings of EPSM. They require very high fat, low carb diets.

My Pechie mare did not have EPSM. She was a lucky one, LOL. Still, I kept her on a very low protein, high fat diet and tons of hay to make sure she never became metabolic. All drafts and crosses are more suceptable to laminitic episodes and insulin resistance.

You are now expected to post lots of pictures of her, and her new buddies. I love looking at horses just s much as I like looking at chickens.

Back
Top Bottom