New Jersey

I got hatching eggs from peachick last year, wheaten ameraucanas, the eggs seem to be light blue for a second then turn light minty green, like the icecream, I would not call them blue, still a nice color, well if anybody wants to pick some up to incubate (for free of course)PM me, I'm close to were 195 goes over 9

Very pretty eggs. Now your making me hungry for Ice cream. Nice offer and I recently lost my bl wht am. Sandy to a hawk. But I have no incubator :(

hey guys, i just ordered my flock from mypetchicken, but i'm starting to have doubts about the order. i only want four pullets, and i'm hoping that's what i get. i just discovered this farm in Jackson, not too far from Six Flags. Anyone heard of them or had experience? i was thinking it would be easier to go and pick up the birds myself.
thanks!

hey guys, i just ordered my flock from mypetchicken, but i'm starting to have doubts about the order. i only want four pullets, and i'm hoping that's what i get. i just discovered this farm in Jackson, not too far from Six Flags. Anyone heard of them or had experience? i was thinking it would be easier to go and pick up the birds myself.
thanks!
I just ordered my chicks from the the farm in Jackson. Jersey Chicken right? This is our first time dealing with them, but so far they have been great. Very helpful, informative, and easy to get in touch with. I placed our order on line ,and then had to email them back with some questions,they got back to me right away. So far very pleasant to work with. Hope that helps

I just ordered my chicks from the the farm in Jackson. Jersey Chicken right? This is our first time dealing with them, but so far they have been great. Very helpful, informative, and easy to get in touch with. I placed our order on line ,and then had to email them back with some questions,they got back to me right away. So far very pleasant to work with. Hope that helps

thanks!

Don't worry I'm sure they will be fine. Getting chicks in the mail have a different type of excitement than picking up at the farm or store. If you change your mind you can go to jersey chickens, agway or tractor supply. They all have chicks now.

I normally go to jersey chickens myself. Nice people and healthy chicks.They also stick by their word.I wound up with 2 roo's and took them back like 6 months later and they didn't have any issue. He did ask to see them and wanted to ensure they weren't sick or nasty-bugs etc. first though, but also said they would be quarantined regardless. That made me feel even better. I am actually heading over tomorrow to pick up another bunch.

I'm John by the way... from Monroe Twp.
cool.png

thanks!

I ordered from MPC and their sexing is done well. I ordered a mix of bantams as well as two standards and all were pullets. Yes, they sexed all the bantams correctly! My experience was decent with them. My birds came on time. I only ordered from them because I wanted sexed bantams, but I did have two problems. First, one of my banties died after arrival. One of my chicks had both eyes still glued closed and was very weak (she survived) and the other still had the umbilical cord attached and tied around its leg. Also, my bantam assortment did not come with three different breeds as promised, only two (yes, I did order the correct amount). If you just want four pullets, it may be more worth it to buy from them, but if you want a variety of breeds, stick to the hatchery. I think I just had a bad order because many other people had a good experience with them.

I normally go to jersey chickens myself. Nice people and healthy chicks.They also stick by their word.I wound up with 2 roo's and took them back like 6 months later and they didn't have any issue. He did ask to see them and wanted to ensure they weren't sick or nasty-bugs etc. first though, but also said they would be quarantined regardless. That made me feel even better. I am actually heading over tomorrow to pick up another bunch.

I'm John by the way... from Monroe Twp.
cool.png
welcome-byc.gif

yes Bruce at JC is very helpful. Good luck with your new chicks. Was passing by him today and stopped to say hello. Had to walk in the chick with my hands in my pocket
big_smile.png

had some cute ducks. Let us know what you bring home.

Ok llandry I've ID 2 I'm sure are girls. Named ours Rosie. I'll post a pic of the two of them later. Who like gold again Ethan? Can't remember. Pick a name for her. And tell him she's a gift
wink.png

My poor EE bantam hurt her foot today. I noticed her standing on one foot a lot today, and when I went to check her out, her nail looked very strange. There was a little blood on her foot. It almost looks like the outside of her nail was removed, and the only part left is the bare quick. How could this happen? I soaked it in warm water and put some saline solution on it. She is fine, she is just limping or standing on one foot.

welcome-byc.gif

yes Bruce at JC is very helpful. Good luck with your new chicks. Was passing by him today and stopped to say hello. Had to walk in the chick with my hands in my pocket
big_smile.png

had some cute ducks. Let us know what you bring home.
Did you happen to notice what chicks he had?

Back
Top Bottom