New Jersey

What'd you bring home, lol. :lol:

Nothing...can you believe it.! But very tempted to bring home a pot belly pig or baby goat. If I wasn't going away I probably would . Maybe in Sept a fainting goat lol they are so funny. The couple sitting next to me have 2 and they said they are great.[/quote

Those are sooo cute. Definitely can see one in your yard.

On a side note, I'm taking my three boys to great wolf lodge in the poconos for a couple days, and my husband is in charge of the animals. Lol. He's terrified of the rooster, lol. He walks around with a rake when he's out. I told him he better be nice. My dad will be letting them out in the morning since my husband leaves too early for all that crowing to be unleashed. My neighbors have their windows open, so I'm being nice. I warned him not to turn his back when he opens the pop door. Oh boy.

Quote: Yes that would be a great option to start the flock. And again, sooo farrrr. Ugh. Just brings back memories of commuting.

Yes, it's a bit of a drive, but worth it! (Especially since we're the only show like that in the state!) There's also some really cute shops there - that I've never been to, as I'm at the show the whole time! And, a great fifties-style diner is right down the road. A good day trip for the family.

I have heard about that place in Tabernacle, is it ok? Once about 15 yrs ago a friend & I bought a rooster from a slaughter house. Could be I was tooooo city for that, it was weird.
Thanks

On a side note, I'm taking my three boys to great wolf lodge in the poconos for a couple days, and my husband is in charge of the animals. Lol. He's terrified of the rooster, lol. He walks around with a rake when he's out. I told him he better be nice. My dad will be letting them out in the morning since my husband leaves too early for all that crowing to be unleashed. My neighbors have their windows open, so I'm being nice. I warned him not to turn his back when he opens the pop door. Oh boy.

I just past the sign for there today on my way back from camping in the finger lake region. My 23 year old son takes care of the flock yikes so I'm not sure when he gets up to let them out lol. Came home today and all is fine so I guess I won't even ask.
Ole mr evil hasn't gotten any better? Hope he mellows with age.

Please help if you can...

A neighbor of mine has to get rid of her small flock due to some personal issues. All LF females of various breeds, including RIR and a speckled sussex, they are hatchery girls a bit over a year old and laying well. This would be a great starter flock if you know someone just getting into chickens, as they have their pecking order already established. Healthy, clean girls. I believe there are nine. To make things easier for her and the birds, I'd rather try to get rid of the flock as a whole, or at the least, only split in two halves.

Middletown, NJ. Don't know if she can deliver, but if interested, I can ask.

Please PM me. Thank you!

Please help if you can...

A neighbor of mine has to get rid of her small flock due to some personal issues.  All LF females of various breeds, including RIR and a speckled sussex, they are hatchery girls a bit over a year old and laying well.  This would be a great starter flock if you know someone just getting into chickens, as they have their pecking order already established. Healthy, clean girls. I believe there are nine.  To make things easier for her and the birds, I'd rather try to get rid of the flock as a whole, or at the least, only split in two halves. 

Middletown, NJ.  Don't know if she can deliver, but if interested, I can ask.  

Please PM me.  Thank you!

I could take 4 or 5 if you can't find a home for them as a flock. I have 18 chickens from one year to 3 months Half are bantams. All free range during the day with eight ducks.

How's it going everyone? Guess what I had run In front of my car today on rt 537 in Jackson? A BEAR!! I couldn't believe it. Was driving home with my oldest and out darts this black blob sauntering across the road, almost getting hit by the car in front of me and then the opposite side. In my head I'm saying "that's a big poodle and its going to get hit". Then I realize and yell out its a bear. Me and my son couldn't believe it. So cool.

How's it going everyone? Guess what I had run In front of my car today on rt 537 in Jackson? A BEAR!! I couldn't believe it. Was driving home with my oldest and out darts this black blob sauntering across the road, almost getting hit by the car in front of me and then the opposite side. In my head I'm saying "that's a big poodle and its going to get hit". Then I realize and yell out its a bear. Me and my son couldn't believe it. So cool.

Wow that is so cool. Wonder how many are around.

Back
Top Bottom