New Jersey

Reminder that the only open poultry show for adults in New Jersey will be held two weeks from tomorrow, Oct. 18, at the state fairgrounds in Augusta. Newbies, be sure to attend the Info Session at 10am. Hope to see you all there!

Thanks for info. Now for another question I haven't been able to get an answer on... My girls aren't laying yet but my more mature Roo is a ready. Will that cause problems for the girls? Thanks

2 week polish chicks for sale. 3 splash, 2 that look like maybe barred?? 1 barred is frizzled. Central jersey location (Monmouth county).

Hope we'll see a few of you at the Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Fall Show this Saturday in Augusta, NJ, at the state fairgrounds. This is the only adult open show in NJ. Newcomers to showing or just having chickens are welcome at the Info Session at 10am!

I found a vet near me (called around and found two in the area that treat bumblefoot). We cut because the spot was huge and yes followed Chicken Chick's video tutorial. I suspect using needlenose pliers could have helped though we did have tweezers. It was just no fun at all. She is molting now so it is even worse when we soak her feet. Feathers everywhere. It would be funny if it weren't so upsetting. The hen is fine - no limping or signs of infection but this needs to be managed. I'll watch the vet to see if they have better ways to do this for future reference.

Thanks for the help though. Maybe I'm just too wussy?

I took my chicken to North Stars Vets in Robbinsville, right by Six Flags. They are a 24 hour hospital. How is your hen doing now?

hey im new to the forum and the NJ area, just relocated to Warren County (Blairstown) from TN...

the local TSC here is interested in hosting a Farmers flea/chickenswap/craft fair once mabe twice a month here in town...anyone in this area be interested?

Welcome to NJ! Yes, I would be interested. I have a few 'chicken friends' from all over NJ, southern NY and PA that would also be interested in a meetup.

My hen is fine. She molted early which made her look really bad but she is fully recovered now both from the molt and the bumblefoot. I ended up getting antibiotics for her but the vet said her feet looked good. ($$$) I went to a place here in Cherry Hill that does treat birds.

Thank you everyone for your vet suggestions and support!

Did everyone have fun at the show? So many pretty birds!!! Mary congrats!

Thanks! It was certainly a surprise, as my beautiful Sophie never wins anything, poor girl. I got a picture, which was fuzzy - I'm so annoyed! I really need to learn how to use my phone to take better pictures. I'm glad she has at least one good win to her name!

Another great show! Sale area was hoppin! Picked up a BLRW pullet, and a splash Maran pullet. Sigh. I have no self-control!

Plus, I won the basket of Dutch chocolates - like I needed that! ;)

How did you make out? Get anything new?

Back
Top Bottom