New Light bulbs

Blue CopperHen

Songster
6 Years
Jun 22, 2013
Hiwasse, Arkansas
Is anyone else frustrated by not being able to buy a normal light bulb? I tend to use household 100 to 200 watt bulbs in my brooders and I just had to actually buy a 250 watt brooder lamp for my chicks. I prefer the 200"s because the 250"s just tend to be TOO hot. ( I keep my brooders in a spare bedroom.) I agree that we should conserve energy, but geeze!

In the interest of cutting electricity usage, the government bans 100w bulbs and makes you run 250w bulbs instead? Not really that surprising given the extreme lack of common sense shown by politicians everywhere -- still it is frustrating.

I think that the 250w bulbs could be put on a dimmer switch to let you regulate the temp. I think the use of dimmers makes incandescent bulbs last longer too, but I'm not an expert on that.

In the interest of cutting electricity usage, the government bans 100w bulbs and makes you run 250w bulbs instead? Not really that surprising given the extreme lack of common sense shown by politicians everywhere -- still it is frustrating.

I think that the 250w bulbs could be put on a dimmer switch to let you regulate the temp. I think the use of dimmers makes incandescent bulbs last longer too, but I'm not an expert on that.

x2! It just doesn't make much sense, does it? I don't have the mechanic skills to put a dimmer switch on. lol

Back
Top Bottom