New member but for a sad reason :(

ILoveQuack

Chirping
Oct 24, 2018
Albany, NY
Hi all! I’m Ally, or well, ILoveQuack. :) I’m new here but have been lurking for the past several months without joining. Eventually seeing everyone’s cute little chicks and ducklings made me want some of my own...! I’m sure you know how that goes.

So back in August my fiancé was very agreeable to the idea of us having pet ducks, and I now have two Rouens which I ~think~ are male but might not be, lol. We do live in a house that’s owned by his family, but apparently his aunt who lives down the street is very unhappy about the ducks and wants them gone. :( As such I ended up joining BYC in order to rehome them.

I’m not sure if there’s any convincing his aunt about the ducks, as she’s not fond of birds in general... and everyone seems to believe that the ducks cannot survive the winter outside (which I have read otherwise here on BYC with proper housing) so therefore they are under the assumption the ducks must stay inside and will stink up the house. *sigh*

Anyway, I apologize for such a depressing introduction :p but I am happy to have finally joined the forums, even if it’s just so I can get my duck fix through the pictures of everyone else’s precious babies :p

Welcome! I assure you your ducks can survive winter, if they couldn't there would be no ducks! Hopefully you can work it out and keep your quackers.:)

Oh my goodness... they keep telling me that ducks fly south for the winter, so they’ll freeze to death in snow. No one seems to want to listen to my Information courtesy of BYC :rolleyes: And I hope I can keep them as well, but am already mentally prepared to rehome them in case it turns into a definitive “no” no matter what I do. :/

Well, welcome to BYC anyway! :frow
Hopefully you will get a place of your own soon and get some ducks that no one can make you get rid of. Good luck finding a great home for your duckies!

Thank you so much! And yes, a place That’s entirely our own would be quite lovely. In that case I’d probably have to have way more than just two ducks...!

:welcome

We can load you up with pics of ducks in the snow/winter if that would help. :D
WP_20150111_014.jpg
WP_20150125_007.jpg
WP_20180109_09_15_54_Pro_LI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom