feathermania

Chirping
Jan 12, 2019
Port Angeles, WA
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We were given 2 hens in October 2017. In April 2018, we bought 6 more chicks and are raising them.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

One of our first hens (an Ameraucana) was attacked and killed by neighbors dogs, so we have 7 right now.
(3) What breeds do you have?

1 Barred Rock, 2 New Hampshire Reds, 2 Delawares and 2 Welsummers.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

We love their eggs and they are so cute! We love to watch all of their antics!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Gardening, fishing, hiking, spending time together and playing with our chickens and dogs (separately of course).
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My hubby found a job and moved up here in 9/2016. I packed our house and moved up in 1/2017. We lived in a small apartment for 5 months with 2 small dogs before moving into our new home. Now we have 3 small dogs, 7 chickens and a yard that we are designing...gardens, veggie gardens, a small orchard, a greenhouse, etc.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
upload_2019-1-18_9-5-58.png

We ordered 4 new chicks, will get them in March. I've known about BYC since we first were given our hens, visited the site numerous times and during the last visit, I decided to join!

Back
Top Bottom