New member, could use some pointers on types of chickens for my area! (Delaware)

SniperPigeon

Hatching
Sep 5, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I'm a complete Chicken Virgin; I have some close friends that raised chickens for many years and I've had an interest in it - my area never allowed them before unfortunately - HOWEVER I'm currently in the midst of moving into a new property that does so I'm looking forward to absorbing a ton of information, building my own coop, and convincing the wife to join me in the flock.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
0, looking at getting between 3-6

(3) What breeds do you have?
None currently, looking for some hearty Delaware-friendly breeds that are more on the side of generally friendly temperament and moderate egg layers.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
more pets, "free" breakfast, its a baby step into the homestead lifestyle I'd like to try out

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
hunting, shooting, & designing/building water features.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Currently have 3 cats & 2 dogs. dogs were around chickens when they were young.
Wife works from home and I work in the legal field.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've been reading posts on this site for a while for bits of knowledge and things to consider in the house I plan on moving to for months.

Back
Top Bottom