New member first post

Thanks, just what I need - more reason to stay on the computer instead of getting stuff done. aarghhh
lol.png

Thanks, just what I need - more reason to stay on the computer instead of getting stuff done. aarghhh
lol.png

I think you're going to fit in here just fine
big_smile.png

Besides, we're not goofing off, we're taking educational breaks...yeah, that's it!

Well... between the chickens and the borrowing animals, my garden was gone quickly... They 'really dug it', so to speak Those ankle twisting excavations I mentioned were seemingly very carefully created in my now drought destroyed but at the time purposefully left long fescue grass lawn. The chickens managed to make a 'fowl' version of a Trapping Pit (see Wikipedia for more info on what that is), where the blades of grass would cover the pit. My birds were very skilled at sideways excavations and digging under clumps formed by the fescue. You would normally find one, completely unexpectedly, as you crossed the lawn to give the chickens a snail or other treat.

where the blades of grass would cover the pit. My birds were very skilled at sideways excavations and digging under clumps formed by the fescue. You would normally find one, completely unexpectedly, as you crossed the lawn to give the chickens a snail or other treat.
homicidal maniac chickens....

I suppose there's an advantage to having no grass and just a sandbowl, then. I shall appreciate my desert wasteland for the absence of chicken-constructed man-traps.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. You may also be interested in checking out "Australia, six states and one funny little island." thread

Hi everyone,
I hope I am doing this right. I just signed up on this fantastic site! We live in New Hampshire, are just starting out as newbie 'backyard chicken keepers', and need all the info we can get. So happy to have found this website. Our coop and run is ordered and we pick them up about April 1st. We plan to get 4 Buff Orington chickens. Today we are going out on an educational, fact-finding mission to the local feed store and Tractor Supply to look at and price out all the feeding/watering/chicken care options.
Looking forward to 'chatting' with all the members and getting all kinds of helpful info and advice here!

Hi countryladyNH, welcome to the forum.

You've put your introductory post in a thread I started, so it might not get noticed buried in here.

I'll ask a forum moderator whether it can be moved to its own thread.

Isn't it exciting getting new chooks?

Back
Top Bottom