new member from ky cw

cw

Songster
11 Years
Jan 11, 2009
green co.
hello byc,
been readin yalls stuff for while and decided to join ya, iffin i can. (I am currently chickenless, 235 Lbs great dane turned my small flock of rode island reds in to a puddle in our equipment shed. but am looking to get plymouth rocks. the rodes always pecked at our little girl. the great dane is gone now and little girl is older. I have lots of ?s but i am afraid
yall wont like me for i have read some posts about losing chickens and some of yall gettin pretty upset. i am not trying to make anyone mad, i luv all of gods creatures, but i imagine i will lose some chickens, (coyotes already got my beagle pup) and wont be emotional about it. any way i wont be back on the board till 14th
thanks every one

welcome-byc.gif

Happy to have ya here!
You'll have fun!
And when you get your new flock, be sure and post pics!

Welcome and don't be afraid to post anything on here I have learned over the past year this is the place with the most useful info on chickens on the internet. And the members hear are very patient with newbies like myself. Good luck with getting your new chickens.

welcome-byc.gif

We have over 20,000 members here, so don't worry, not everyone is exactly the same. We have everyone from full-time farmers to people who have one or two pet "house chickens." Some people react differently when they lose an animal than others, and that's okay. No one will chastise you about it if it happens to you (though you may find a caring member sending their sympathy your way!). It's just how things are here; we have a really strong and welcoming community.

I hope you'll enjoy our forum and visit regularly. See you around!
frow.gif

WELCOME!!!
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
you will get ALL the help you need for you chickens and other fowl! soon you will get addicted.

First:
welcome-byc.gif

Second, loss is part of life, and we deal with it in different ways. On the board some look at the chickens solely as pets, some look at them as livestock, and som elook at them as a combination. Most do not judge each other, but we are here to encourage good happy and healthy flocks of chickens!

This is a GREAT place, and please jump in with questions. remember, we were all new once!!
frow.gif

Hugs and best wishes
Christina

frow.gif
Welcome and don't worry about the differences in outlook.

Raising animals for food can be difficult for people who never had to face where their groceries came from beyond the meat counter at the grocery store.

I grew up knowing the piggies I taught to play fetch would eventually be in the freezer.... learned not to think about it overly much, both while scratching their ears or later at Sunday dinner. Chickens can be awfully friendly and funny, but... yeah. I worry about their health and such, care if they get hurt or injured and I don't raise meat birds in part because I don't love butchering them, but sometimes culling is still necessary. It's hard to raise chickens even for egg production without dealing with that. I'm pretty middle of the road, I do what needs to be done, but don't enjoy it at all, don't cry either, but I do feel emotional.

Things here are based on respect between the different outlooks though, and while occasionally there's some criticism, usually it doesn't get too bad.

But ENOUGH of this SERIOUSNESS!!! WELCOME!!!
wav.gif
and have FUN!

Back
Top Bottom