New member...HELP!

Was this really sudden? As in she was perfectly healthy yesterday? Or has she been going downhill at all recently?

it was a little white and clear around it. And this was all of a sudden. she was fine yesterday. Noticed she didn't go on the higher perch last night, and then seen her by herself not able to really move this morning.

Last edited:
Does she feel of normal weight or is she thin and her keel/breast bone is really sharp?

yes, she feels like a normal weight
Since she is not thin or emaciated, I am guessing she didn't pass from anything like worms or Coccidiosis. Both of these will cause weight loss.

And I doubt she had any long term bacterial infections since she would have no doubt lost weight too.

Unless she had an injury that you are unaware like a puncture wound from the rooster or a hawk attack which either of these could have caused serious internal injuries and death, she could have died from being egg bound, even though you did find an egg nearby her when you found her. When an egg gets stuck for too long, it blocks off the intestinal tract and they can't poop. When they can't poop, it will kill them. She could have also had a heart attack or a stroke. Either of these aren't all that common but do happen. I have had stroke in my flock. Depending on how bad the stroke was, it can be something as simple as a droopy wing to complete paralysis. She could have had heat stroke if it is hot enough in your area. The heat just gets to be too much for them and they pass on. Just some ideas for you. When she does pass, you can always have her taken into the vet for a necropsy and they can then determine what she passed on from.

I am so sorry I am not able to help you more with this.
hugs.gif

no, she passed. Poor thing. My other chickens seem lonley without her
1f622.png
Oh I am so so sorry.
hugs.gif
I know how hard it is to lose them...I have lost a few myself. And yes, chickens do mourn over flock mates. Especially any bird that was close to the bird you just lost...they can become quite confused for some time.

I hope your heavy heart heals soon.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom