New Member in NW Florida

Ohenry

Hatching
May 16, 2016
Hello all, I came across this site looking for plans to build a coop. After looking at several books with "complete" plans I kept returning to the "Country Charm" post by tsproull. After several more searches I decided to use tsproull's plans to build our coop. Its not the exact replica but you certainly see his design. I am in NW Florida an I live on about 3 1/2 acres. I wanted something for my grandkids, so they could experience a little life outside the video games and smart phones; so far they are very interested.
My hobbies include hunting, fishing, gardening and hanging out with the five kids and grand kids. Look forward to learning from the members of the forum and a big thanks to tsproull for his plans that he shared. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/country-charm
The chickens are on the way... White, Leghorns, Bar Rocks, and a couple of Silkies for the wife.

welcome-byc.gif

Very nice introduction and congratulations on your new chickens ... all good breeds. Think that is great that they will all be interacting with your grandchildren.

Hello all, I came across this site looking for plans to build a coop. After looking at several books with "complete" plans I kept returning to the "Country Charm" post by tsproull. After several more searches I decided to use tsproull's plans to build our coop. Its not the exact replica but you certainly see his design. I am in NW Florida an I live on about 3 1/2 acres. I wanted something for my grandkids, so they could experience a little life outside the video games and smart phones; so far they are very interested.
My hobbies include hunting, fishing, gardening and hanging out with the five kids and grand kids. Look forward to learning from the members of the forum and a big thanks to tsproull for his plans that he shared. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/country-charm
The chickens are on the way... White, Leghorns, Bar Rocks, and a couple of Silkies for the wife.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens.
goodpost.gif

frow.gif
Yeah, that's what the hubby says, "The chickens are for the wife." Yet it was he who insisted on an automatic door openener to keep the predators out of the coop at night. And it was he who faced security cameras toward the coop to watch out for the two-legged predators.

Welcome to the flock!

The yellow could care less. The chocolate is a reformed felon as she killed a few of my fathers free range chickens as a pup. That was years ago and she is fine around them now. I still watch them both when there are chicks around. My chickens have a house and run so I don't foresee any issues. Possums, coons, hawks and coyote's concern me more.

Back
Top Bottom