new member, NC, raising SILKIE DUCKS

so far, they are floating like little corks. they are still working on their pinfeathers, so will take pics as they mature.

welcome-byc.gif

thank you, it's a whole NOTHER WORLD in here! had no IDEA there were so many other people like me.. kinda scary, really....
wee.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington! In our flock we have great people and it is always great to have a new member:) In our flock, we have no pecking order!

frow.gif

By the way, not saying that you will do anything bad, but no fowl play
big_smile.png

Never heard of them. But I looked them up and they look so cute-- no wonder you are hooked:)

Welcome to BYC! I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I have to admit that ducklings are the ultimate in cute. Good luck with your ducks.

I got them with the idea that they would go into the barn, scratch around, eat flies and NOT be able to get in the water trough. I think that would be good, but they are so precious I am afraid something would step on them. Maybe if I am successful in raising MORE I can let the drakes do that, and keep the hens penned up. when they stalk a buy it's just hysterical. they stick their necks out, really straight and low-- then scoot! legs just churning. ha ha!

I am a newbie to Chickens, but love them! Someone gave me two chickens, not sure what kind, I think production Red. I name them Thelma and Louise. Only one lays 2 eggs a day, so I know there old. The two girls are such clowns. My husband and me enjoys watching their antics. They are our favorite chickens. Very nosey when we are doing yard work. They even try to help, or at least think there helping, lol.

hi! great to be here! anyone here raise silkie ducks?? I am HOOKED. have 2 that are waddling around the chicken yard now, following their bantam chicken "mother"
anyone have any late eggs they would like to sell??
thanks!
Me! I have 2 pairs of silkies and sold SEVERAL eggs this spring as well as hatched some. I plan to have more for sale in the spring once they start laying again if you are looking for some.
What color are yours?

Back
Top Bottom