New member, New rooster...What is he?

i think he might be a Sicilian buttercup potentially a Sicilian buttercup X
download (5).jpeg

images (1).jpeg

download (6).jpeg

download (7).jpeg

Hey newbie!! (I’m fairly new too…) That right there is very obviously a Rooster!! Hope this helps.
Hello all new to BYC, some what new to chickens 3-4 yrs.

We picked up a rooster from the feed store in hopes to add some new chickens to the flock. we are wondering what he might be. Ive searched quite a bit but he's got several confusing qualities.

My initial thoughts were Welsummer, but he has a three part comb and white shading on earlobes.

any thoughts?View attachment 2996619View attachment 2996620View attachment 2996621View attachment 2996622

the yellow shanks, do not seem typical for the EE, however I do understand anything is possible.

so how could I tell what egg color he will give the offspring?

my list of hens includes:

1 EE
1 Olive egger
1 RIR
1 Barred rock
1 copper maran
1 speckeld sussex

I am going to hatch out a few eggs from each of these,
which one will will be the easiest indication that he is a brown egg gene or EE gene?

the yellow shanks, do not seem typical for the EE, however I do understand anything is possible.

so how could I tell what egg color he will give the offspring?

my list of hens includes:

1 EE
1 Olive egger
1 RIR
1 Barred rock
1 copper maran
1 speckeld sussex

I am going to hatch out a few eggs from each of these,
which one will will be the easiest indication that he is a brown egg gene or EE gene?
EE isn't a Gene.

You want to breed to any of the hens, except EE, & Olive Egger but no guarantee he'll carry the blue egg gene, since not all Easter Eggers carry the gene.

EEs typically have yellow skin with slate on their legs, this gives the green look. Some have white skin, & slate legs, or just plain white/pink legs.

Back
Top Bottom