New Mexico

Here's today's special- basil, sun dried tomato, red pepper flake, and green onion goat cheese.... Very tasty! :)

Anyone in Albuquerque wanna get a swap going? :)

Who all here is aiming for the self-sufficient lifestyle? Are you a "prepper" and if so, what are you prepping for?

I and my family, including siblings and in-laws, are both, and we are "prepping" for the possibilities of job-loss, widespread longterm drought, severe earthquake, economic collapse and subsequent societal collapse and living in 3rd world conditions, and Jesus' second coming... We have it covered LOL We aren't nutty about it, just practical, and slowly building our way to self-sufficiency and sustainability. This is actually how many people in our community are living, and how we lived most of my life, but we are going to go a little farther with it. If nothing else, at least we'll save money on food, have great, healthy food, and won't have to pay as many taxes to our corrupt govt! hahaha

I met Wilber, Of Wilber's Farm today. What a nice man and he really knew his chickens.
D.gif
I ended up getting 2, 4-5 week old white rocks from him. sweet and beautiful birds!! If I had more room I would have bought a LOT more. haha and I am going to make formal intros to my other girls in the morning, but I think they will be a great addition to my little flock. I would recommend him to anyone here in NM. Just thought you all would like to know.
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif

Who all here is aiming for the self-sufficient lifestyle? Are you a "prepper" and if so, what are you prepping for?

I and my family, including siblings and in-laws, are both, and we are "prepping" for the possibilities of job-loss, widespread longterm drought, severe earthquake, economic collapse and subsequent societal collapse and living in 3rd world conditions, and Jesus' second coming... We have it covered LOL We aren't nutty about it, just practical, and slowly building our way to self-sufficiency and sustainability. This is actually how many people in our community are living, and how we lived most of my life, but we are going to go a little farther with it. If nothing else, at least we'll save money on food, have great, healthy food, and won't have to pay as many taxes to our corrupt govt! hahaha
My husband and I are doing what we can to make us self-sufficient (he's from Wyoming and I am from Southern NM, so that's kind of how we were raised) . :) slowly but surely we are getting there, not many folks around here ( Albuquerque) are but at least my family will not only survive but thrive. haha

I met Wilber, Of Wilber's Farm today. What a nice man and he really knew his chickens.
D.gif
I ended up getting 2, 4-5 week old white rocks from him. sweet and beautiful birds!! If I had more room I would have bought a LOT more. haha and I am going to make formal intros to my other girls in the morning, but I think they will be a great addition to my little flock. I would recommend him to anyone here in NM. Just thought you all would like to know.
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif
That is good to know :) It's always fun to meet nice fellow chicken lovers :)

My husband and I are doing what we can to make us self-sufficient (he's from Wyoming and I am from Southern NM, so that's kind of how we were raised) . :) slowly but surely we are getting there, not many folks around here ( Albuquerque) are but at least my family will not only survive but thrive. haha
Great!!! :D I found a verse in the Bible, Ezekiel 38:6, that says to "Be prepared" - I wish more people would get prepared for hardship by becoming self sufficient, because I don't want to see anyone do without, especially people with children, but so many have their heads buried in the sand- so sad.

Last edited:
Great!!! :D I found a verse in the Bible, Ezekiel 38:6, that says to "Be prepared" - I wish more people would get prepared for hardship by becoming self sufficient, because I don't want to see anyone do without, especially people with children, but so many have their heads buried in the sand- so sad.
I couldn't agree more. Why wouldn't you want to make sure your children are taken care of, no matter what happens. (My son is one of the main reasons we started all this. haha) and the way I see it you can never be too prepared. :) plus its kind of fun to make, grow, or prepare things your self. It makes you feel good to know where things came from. :)

Back
Top Bottom