New Mexico

Okay, I'm in Albuquerque. I have a beautiful white and rust rooster (Aloha breed?). He's huge, very sweet, will eat out of your hands, and is extremely protective of his flock. He is also a very enthusiastic crower. My neighbors are complaining. He's also too big for some of my hens. I would like to place him with someone in more of a country setting. He is really a great protector if you live in the country and your hens face more dangers (coyotes, hawks, cats, etc.) than mine do in the city. he keeps the neighborhood cats, my big dogs, and hawks at bay here, but I really need him to go somewhere with bigger, and probably more hens than I have. I have some promising pullets if you want to start a new family. They're about 3 months old and now bigger than my smallest hen. I don't want to break up my older hens because they're very bonded. This rooster is very good with the babies. Once the mother hen was finished with this group of 8, he took over and has taken very good care of them. I am willing to drive a reasonable distance. The pullets are black and white (I'm new to this, barred-rock?). I won't be on here till next week, but please post if you're interested... Thanks.
What is an Aloha?

Just a reminder, Bloomfield NM Poultry Swap this Sunday 6/16/13 from 12 noon til 3pm. Held at the Bloomfield Ace Hardware. I will be bringing Black Ameraucana hens, juvenile Cochins and some other odds and ends.

Clare

Just a reminder, Bloomfield NM Poultry Swap this Sunday 6/16/13 from 12 noon til 3pm. Held at the Bloomfield Ace Hardware. I will be bringing Black Ameraucana hens, juvenile Cochins and some other odds and ends.

Clare
I will not be able to make it to that one because I have a riding lesson customer coming that day, and then a big ol fish fry for Dad in the evening :) Beer battered Halibut!!! YAY!!!

I will not be able to make it to that one because I have a riding lesson customer coming that day, and then a big ol fish fry for Dad in the evening :) Beer battered Halibut!!! YAY!!!
Too bad, I have my last batch of Black Ameraucana hatching eggs available. I am breaking up the breeding pen after this weekend.

Thanks, interesting. I am looking at some land in Edgewood. Is it pretty animal-friendly in terms of regulations? In the city, at least in the valley, you can have almost anything and up to 15 chickens, but that doesn't keep the neighbors from complaining
hit.gif

Thanks, interesting. I am looking at some land in Edgewood. Is it pretty animal-friendly in terms of regulations? In the city, at least in the valley, you can have almost anything and up to 15 chickens, but that doesn't keep the neighbors from complaining
hit.gif
well in nm it should be unlimited amount of chickens so edgewood might not be good. look in tijeras in the mountains. might find a place with very little neighbors.

My female button quail laid her first egg today! I am STOKED! :D

ETA- I can not figure out how to change my siggy... anyone care to tell me how? I went to "profile" and couldn't find a thing. Ugh.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom