New Mexico

By the way, anyone have eggs in the incubator? I have a few under a broody and only one looks like it is developing well. I'd like to get another chick or 2 and slip it underneath so I won't have a lonely chick. It's due 8/7

It's that time of year again.... Balloon Fiesta!
The wind currents brought them directly overhead today.
Fun to sit on the back porch with morning coffee and view all the colors and shapes.

Wave at the pilots! (they're looking to land)

Next-door neighbor had a frontyard visitor.

Funny thing....

I slept in and my DH woke me up as he was up early today for work: "Balloons are in the air. I wasn't thinking about it and when I looked up they were there, like zombies! Hundreds of them!"

I normally describe the Fiesta as like being inside a snow globe. But I guess we all have our own descriptors. LOL.

Oh boy, a New Mexico thread! Awesome! Hi everyone, I'm new in these here parts.
frow.gif

I live way up in the northern mountains, between Las Vegas, NM and Taos... kind of near a little place called Mora (but Mora is far enough away that I'd really prefer not to walk there... thanks... ). Anyone here near me?

I'll be looking for Faverolles one of these days very soon, if anyone has them. But I will avidly read about your chickens in the meantime. I just wanted to say hi right off the bat.

Nope, none yet - I literally finished my coop today at 4PM! LOL! I used to raise lots of birds, but haven't had the place for them for about 16 years. Really miss them... I didn't notice but there are threads for cagebirds too, and I will also be getting back into raising canaries. Very thrilled.

I bet Spangled Russian Orlovs are ***stunning*** birds. I'll have to check them out!

Back
Top Bottom