New Mexico

you are lucky, I can not get mine to sit on my lap
idunno.gif

Have you posted on the Facebook groups? New Mexico Poultry Swap and NM poultry swaps and info. I also saw some games on the Albuquerque Craigslist.

Just a couple of places you could try. good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks Fridayet! I dont have a facebook unfortunatly. Okay everyone i know its been snowin and delaying hatching season everyday it freezes but hey its not too long till we can start hearing cheeps! I want to hear what everyone is gonna breed this next summer and what all breeds and such your wanting to sell. Also whats your breeding setups are? Im workin on a breeder coop now if anyone want pics. Ill have a quad of RIR's to produce layer chicks and six silkies to produce colorful cute chicks that will probably be split into a pair a trio and a roo to hang out with the layer girls. I have a pair of cochins still but will only produce blacks. Im looking to get more silkies, RIR's, and some oegb's. If your not planning on breeding whats your plan for the spring?

Last edited:
Pics would be great! I need a separate breeder area for the spring/summer since I have 2 pair of Russian Orloff i'd like to get chicks from. They are just a fun project and great birds.

I'll also be getting some Ameraucana and Marans so I can make Olive eggers eventually and have a big range of colors in the egg basket.

I really need a more secure grow out area though, since I lost some young ones last year to my dog. So a bit of construction first, then I can hatch!

Pics would be great! I need a separate breeder area for the spring/summer since I have 2 pair of Russian Orloff i'd like to get chicks from. They are just a fun project and great birds.

I'll also be getting some Ameraucana and Marans so I can make Olive eggers eventually and have a big range of colors in the egg basket.

I really need a more secure grow out area though, since I lost some young ones last year to my dog. So a bit of construction first, then I can hatch!
Russian orloffs are pretty cool birds! What color of marans and amerucanas will you be getting? I have a about 8ft x 8ft estimate (havent messured in in a while) brooder that the ouside wall is about 4ft tall and once they can get out i put them with the layer hens till there sold or grow up!

Somehow lost this post, sorry! Hoping for Black Copper Marans and Wheaten Ameraucana.

I have a nice brooder box in the coop, but sections of my run have 2x4 inch welded wire and small birds can get out of those areas. I need to line the bottom few feet with small chicken wire to keep littles from escaping. Just waiting for it to get a little warmer.

Back
Top Bottom