New Mexico

Pics
I am game for the swap in Edgewood. This Saturday the 26th, 9 AM, Edgewood Feed Store, 92 Church street, correct?

On a semi-related note, my source for New Hampshire Reds NHRs (La Quinta feed store in Los Lunas) seems to be getting out of the chick supplying business, but I just happen to have 2 NHR hens and an unrelated rooster (right breed, wrong gender from Old Mill feed store) so I am looking for either 3 more NHR chicks or a loaner incubator. I would hate to pay over $100 for something I would use once every 2 years.

Well, how we raised chickens for HOW many years on the same place, witht he same pens, and so rarely had trouble with predators, I don't know. Some flying predator got my beloved goosey and one of the 2 ducks- so now I just have ONE lonely duck. Ducky got moved into the chick pen, which is covered. And we are working on 2 more covered pens. I'm just so aggravated... Sigh.

Maybe its time to post a change of address for the predators and pretend you moved.
lol.png

Quote:
Apparently!!!! I'm so aggravated... and of course, I had to make a big ol 50'x20' chicken pen, which now must be covered by some expensive netting!!! Sheesh!!!!

On another note, I had Dad pick up some feedstore chicks for me when he had to go to Espanola for jury duty... they are so cute! lol And I have 14 eggs in the bator, due to hatch next week- so far so good, there have been NO temp fluctuations at all!!! Maybe they will make it... If they do, DAK, I'm gonna rob your nest again and get some more of those green eggs from you! I am so in love with Ameraucanas- I think they are beautiful, love the colored eggs, and they have neat personalities.
smile.png

Quote:
Apparently!!!! I'm so aggravated... and of course, I had to make a big ol 50'x20' chicken pen, which now must be covered by some expensive netting!!! Sheesh!!!!

On another note, I had Dad pick up some feedstore chicks for me when he had to go to Espanola for jury duty... they are so cute! lol And I have 14 eggs in the bator, due to hatch next week- so far so good, there have been NO temp fluctuations at all!!! Maybe they will make it... If they do, DAK, I'm gonna rob your nest again and get some more of those green eggs from you! I am so in love with Ameraucanas- I think they are beautiful, love the colored eggs, and they have neat personalities.
smile.png

GREEN!!!! Thems fightin words!
wink.png

Quote:

smile.png

wink.png

LOL Okay, okay!!! I mean blue... By the way- you wanna sell me some of those REALLY SUPER BLUE eggs from your blacks?
big_smile.png

I get in the habit of calling them green because "Green eggs and Ham" sounds so good for breakfast... (even though it's FAKE meat, and BLUE eggs... RFLOL!!!)
lol.png

Quote:
wink.png

LOL Okay, okay!!! I mean blue... By the way- you wanna sell me some of those REALLY SUPER BLUE eggs from your blacks?
big_smile.png

Should be highly possible. I have an auction going on the 24 hr auction thread that is temporarily closed due to squabbling, then shipping to a CA breeder, then should have some available.

Back
Top Bottom