New Owner Chinese Geese! Advice Please.

maddieeluu

Hatching
Apr 26, 2020
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the fourms and currently trying to raise backyard Chinese goslings. They are currently 1 week old (not sure what gender) and still inside under a heat lamp with 3 baby chickens (1 week old).

I've noticed the goslings like to peck at the chicken's wings and I've been trying to research what it's caused from and how to come up with a solution. Any advice?

Any other recommendations that I should know while raising these goslings? Please let me know.

I can upload an image if that would help how I currently have the housing

Goslings are terrible chewers. They do it often and even more so when board. I don't reccomend raising them with any other type of fowl.

You picked the undisputed loudest breed of geese. I hope your prepared for the noise.

Goslings are terrible chewers. They do it often and even more so when board. I don't reccomend raising them with any other type of fowl.

You picked the undisputed loudest breed of geese. I hope your prepared for the noise.

any recommendation to help with the chewing? What kind of goose would you say to raise with other fowl?

Raise them in a seperate brooder. Rubber dog toys or pieces of garden hose are good chew toys. I don't recommend raising goslings with anything other than goslings. They pick on everything.

Agree with that...they are much bigger than everything and use that to their advantage to bully!
Mine, even as adults, are fascinated with baby rattles and teething rings! They like to play with them in the pool 😂

Back
Top Bottom