New pics of my Mystery Chick. Still wondering…pullet or cockerel???

I had a stunted growth on a serama pullet this year, and gave her mealworms and scrambled eggs to increase her protein intake. I did that for a month she caught up to size and feathering like her brothers and sisters.
Thank you for the suggestion! I’ll try that out and see if my little one gets a little “fuller”. When I first found her I certainly didn’t have chicken feed lol so I read about giving them eggs and whipped her up a meal. She really liked it then so I’m sure she’ll be happy. 😊

Like maybe it had poor nutrition for a while. Not recently, I mean, as it looks healthy and has nice glossy feathers. But the feather growth is a bit off and thin for its size.
I was wondering about the feather growth. I was like ok I know you’re molting and going through an “awkward faze” but I’m not sure if this is right…Leave it to me to find an oddball. Well she found me so perhaps it takes one to know one 😂

I was wondering about the feather growth. I was like ok I know you’re molting and going through an “awkward faze” but I’m not sure if this is right…Leave it to me to find an oddball. Well she found me so perhaps it takes one to know one 😂
She’s a gorgeous bird! I want Orloffs!

She’s a gorgeous bird! I want Orloffs!
Thank you! I think so too. When I first found her and posted pics on Facebook I got a few comments along the lines of “Are you sure that’s a chicken?”. People thought she was a hawk lol. I thought “No way! She’s too cute, look at those cheeks!” 😄

Thank you! I think so too. When I first found her and posted pics on Facebook I got a few comments along the lines of “Are you sure that’s a chicken?”. People thought she was a hawk lol. I thought “No way! She’s too cute, look at those cheeks!” 😄
Yeah. So cute. 😍

Oh! I’m a dummy then. All the pullets I’ve raised (none of them Orloffs..) have never had bare-ish patches at that size. So I was probably just assuming stuff.
You're totally good and not dumb! I understand what you were seeing :) I've raised quite a few breeds that take awhile to mature which is why I'm thinking it's normal! Does always look a bit weird though! :D

Back
Top Bottom