New Pics of the Chickies, plus two surprise ducklings!

Maidservant

Songster
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Someone I work with brought a small box to work today and gave it to me in the parking lot. All they said was "Enjoy!" Lo and behold, there were two ducklings in it!

I also took new pictures of the chicks, who are a week old today.

So, as my coworker said, enjoy!

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

Emily in NC - Who is wondering where she will find a fourth brooder for the 25 Ameracauna chicks that will be coming on April 3rd.....

Hi, I'm not sure, but I think they might be rouens. If your not familiar with this kind, they look like a mallard only twice as large, and they can't fly. I've had them in the past. They're pretty cool.

Allyson

The little striped ducklings head is about as big around as a dime, and it is very very tiny. It is the size of the smallest bantam chick I have. The other one is a bit bigger, and is black with a few yellow "hairs" on its chest. Don't know if that helps any.

I am guessing that the striped one is a Rouen, and the other is a cayuga. Not completely sure though, just going off of pictures in a catalogue, lol.

Thanks,
Em

LOL! Such a funny video. I thought the chick was gonna use the bowl as a potty but he fooled me.
lau.gif

They are all really cute. I especially love the little duck babies. I wish I could hatch some ducklings. Maybe next year.

Good luck with them!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom