New Pics! Possibly White Leghorn???... Pullet or Roo???...

mandylovespets

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Sorry if it's still too early!!! But I'm just sooo anxious, blue chickie is my first chicken ever
big_smile.png
!!! Do you think it's a White Leghorn???... Any suggestions on the gender???... Any ideas???...
NEW016.jpg
NEW015.jpg
NEW008.jpg
NEW007.jpg
NEW006.jpg
NEW009.jpg

Wow. He is gorgeous! How did that happen?
frow.gif
He may be a mixed leghorn. We'll see as he gets older. Looks like he is getting those white wings. Tehe! He is simply gorgeous for sure. Got any more his color, any eggs from same hen? Well, I want one!!! Tehe~ I breed leghorns and leghorn x barred rocks. He does look like he will be a leggy.

frow.gif
Actually it was dyed. I believe they inject the egg with dye. Most feed stores will sale dyed chicks, ducklings, goslings and I think even turkeys for Easter time! They usually come in blue, red, purple, yellow and green! Pretty cool huh
yippiechickie.gif
.......So you think my little chick's a roo?... Just wondering cuz you kept saying he???
idunno.gif

Yep. I think he is a little roo. But you never know. Most of the time, the babies that have a very prominent comb on top of the head already, are usually roos. Let me know!
smile.png

Aaawww I see
hu.gif
.... So if it was a pullet, what would the comb look like? I have no clue what to look for when it comes to determining gender... or even different breeds... The comb is that bumpy skin looking thing on top of the head right?...
lau.gif

I have leghorn photos on my website from when they were 4 weeks old (pullets and roos). Click on my website link under my avatar and then click on silver leghorn. You can see the difference in the comb. They aren't captioned but go Roo, pullet, roo, pullet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom