New pictures of Hershey aka HE-She, the ROOSTER! and Cocoa roo too?

Quote:
Are Marans usually late bloomers? I have 3 FBCM that I hatched from dark eggs from a very nice line. I only got 3 that made it (darn shipped eggs!) and even though they are less than 4 mos old, I know I have 2 roos and one pullet. The roos already have LONG hackle, saddle, and tail feathers. They're as obviously roosters as my Blue Andalusian and Wheaten Penedesenca roos the same age, though they aren't crowing like my Mediterranean boys.
wink.png

They're definitely mixed. The way those feathers stand up on the head and something about just the way they look makes me think they have a silkie grandparent or great-grandparent. Not anything recent or they'd have odd combs and lots of leg feathering.

the bcm are supposed to have feathered legs, if they dont they are disquilfied in shows as having no feathers on shanks. read these threads(the link to the sop thread is on this thread in the first post) and post some pics of your babies please

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=385769

Quote:
i still bet coco is a hen as they dont look like pure marans though (looks like they have a small poof on head plus they have yellow legs marans have white legs)...but if they are then yea both would be cockerels but with way to much red and the yellow on the shanks disquilfiys them for any show

Quote:
Are Marans usually late bloomers? I have 3 FBCM that I hatched from dark eggs from a very nice line. I only got 3 that made it (darn shipped eggs!) and even though they are less than 4 mos old, I know I have 2 roos and one pullet. The roos already have LONG hackle, saddle, and tail feathers. They're as obviously roosters as my Blue Andalusian and Wheaten Penedesenca roos the same age, though they aren't crowing like my Mediterranean boys.
wink.png

They're definitely mixed. The way those feathers stand up on the head and something about just the way they look makes me think they have a silkie grandparent or great-grandparent. Not anything recent or they'd have odd combs and lots of leg feathering.

the bcm are supposed to have feathered legs, if they dont they are disquilfied in shows as having no feathers on shanks. read these threads(the link to the sop thread is on this thread in the first post) and post some pics of your babies please

Excuse me ? Where did I say mine did not have feathered legs? Or question that mine might not meet the SOP? I think it's really rude that you are questioning the quality of my birds without having seen them! I *KNOW* they came from good lines. I bought very expensive hatching eggs and they were a nice deep chocolate brown. The few that hatched are only 3 months old, so I'm not sure exactly how good MINE are, but they are from very good lines, and so far are looking like they will be very nice when they are grown, thank you very much.

By the way, BCM are NOT supposed to have white legs, they are supposed to have BLACK, which mine do.

Quote:

Excuse me ? Where did I say mine did not have feathered legs? Or question that mine might not meet the SOP? I think it's really rude that you are questioning the quality of my birds without having seen them! I *KNOW* they came from good lines. I bought very expensive hatching eggs and they were a nice deep chocolate brown. The few that hatched are only 3 months old, so I'm not sure exactly how good MINE are, but they are from very good lines, and so far are looking like they will be very nice when they are grown, thank you very much.

By the way, BCM are NOT supposed to have white legs, they are supposed to have BLACK, which mine do.

i miss read the post thats all
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom