New pigeons . Pics

Quote:
Feathered legs are not the same as foot feathers. Capuchines have large feathers covering their feet. Jacobins don't.

If I can find a good picture of both I will post them.

Capuchines do not have feathers on either their legs or feet.

Here are pics of a capuchine and a jacobin

Capuchine
Redtiger4.JPG

Jacobin
creambar1.JPG

Quote:
2 type of fantails. English Fantails, and Indian Fantail.

Lot of mixed ot the two. Show english stand on there tip toes,with head back chest out.

Indian are larger birds with feather legs, pointed crest on the head. very large fan tail.

Thanks for all the help huys !
If the mixed breed pairs mate will the offspring have feathered leggs ?

I guess i have both types of fantails and then some mixed .

I have the "english variet with featheres feet

Also i just had a pair of pure english fantails breed . Both parents had clean feet and no crests .

they just hatched thier first set of eggs and the babies have feathered feet and appear to have crests ???

would thi be caused by them have indian mixed in thier blood from generations back ?

Quote:
Yes that is a possible explanation, if they had Indian in their background on both sides and neither parent exhibited the trait, then it is a recessive gene that has surfaced.

I guess from the pictures that have been posted that those new birds of yours aren't pure Jacobins or Capuchines, as all the pictures I have also found show them clean legged as well.

English or European, the name is interchangable, but they are a clean legged bird with no crest.

frow.gif
Hi, I'm Dakota and I'm new here. I'm also interested in pigeons. I have white kings, bronze and black tipplers, flying rolers, modeanas, lahours, capuchins, and homers. If you have any feedback please let me know by PMing me. Thank you, Dakota.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom