New plan! (LOTS O PICS, adding them as I go)

Oh, Linda, you have no idea how badly I want them outside! Lol! My other half was out of town all last week, I just heard about the nasty weather late last night down by you! I'm so glad you weathered "well", or in mostly one piece anyway!

Even more work! Stopped today because I'm to a step the requires the Dremel and I just don't feel like dealing with that today, lol.

I got the door cut out and hinges attached to the door, I also got the piece of 2x4 that will sit on either side of the door cut to attach the hinges and bolts to! I even got the hinge side piece of 2x4 attached to the coop! The door is not on yet though due to there being "too long" screws sticking out in my way! Tomorrow I plan on getting the outside painting finished, including the door and trim pieces, cutting of the screws, and getting the door put on by Tuesday! I'm going out of town early Wednesday morning and won't be back until Saturday...but I'm bringing home some help to get the run up! And having my nealry 60 year old Mother out there might even guilt my other half into helping like he was supposed to be all along...

WP_000435.jpg

WP_000439.jpg

I have a small board that will be attched to the door to cover the small gap between floor and door...waiting to attach it until the door is hung though!

So close to the finish line I can taste it! (or rather smell it coming from my laundry room...wowza does the dust production pick up when they get bigger!

I got a layer of off-white/biege paint done on the inside yesterday using a mini roller (trim roller), but it isn't pretty! The roller gets the larger areas between the boards of the pallets and the faces, but the "seams" are still unpainted, along with anything too small to get with the roller and the ceiling! The weather only cooperated until mid-afternoon before the sky decided to dump rain and cooler weather on my head...today I have to finish packing for my trip, I leave first thing tomorrow morning, so no more work on the coop until Sunday! But, I'll have a little help with me next week...really pushing to get this finished by then!

My other half has to go out of town again in a couple of weeks as well...so I need this done before he leaves and can't help get the run up! I'm hoping that betweeen the three of us, we can get it done so I can move the girls outside before I have to leave again in a week. We have had a very busy few months here and for the most part (save this week and last week) only one of us has been home for the past 6 weeks and will continue that way for the next 4-5 weeks at least! Ah the joys of being an adult with a busy life...

It's rough, but I bet you can do it. Amazing how we can put on the steam when a deadline looms. You're doing great!

Got the last coat of green on the outside of the coop today! We can start putting up the fencing (2x4 wire roll & 1/2" hardware cloth) tomorrow! We may need to go buy a can or two of spray paint to at least get some coverage on the unpainted spots we can't get to under the hardware cloth already up before we get the fencing up. Still need to buy the wood to make a door from...then I'll be done and the girls can go live outside!
wee.gif

I bought a new "dog crate" just for the girls today! I found a small training crate (Precision brand) at Goodwill for $20! The plastic tray slides out a hole in the side, so I was able to transort the girls outside this afternoon and let them peck around in the grass while we planted veggies and hung some of the 2"x4" wire on the side of my house to use as a trellis for my string beans and peas. They had a blast outside and really did not want to come in today!

I am a lobster though...70 degree weather had me out running around in a tank top! No actual work on the coop today...found out I can't use the 2"x4" wire fencing on the run, it is severally rusted through on one end!
sad.png
At least that's cheaper than the hardware cloth, $40 I can handle!

Bummer on the sunburn, get lots of liquids!!!

You are doing this whole thing by yourself?

Ouch... Sunburns stink!! It was 90 down here today, and it's only going to get hotter.
th.gif
They finally opened up the main road to town that runs right thru our local disaster zone, a nice middle class suburb. I rode thru it and was just completely shocked. The pictures I've seen really don't do it any justice. For almost a mile and as far as the eye can see on both sides of the road.... everything is just plain gone!! Only piles of debri and some tree's that were snapped in half. All those poor people that have lost everything.... just breaks my heart.
hit.gif

But anyway, we need some pics of your progress!! You haven't posted any in a while. Let's see how big the girls are now.
jumpy.gif
I bet they are soo cute!! I love fuzzy butts!! I got 14 eggs yesterday!! Now I need to make a sign for out front that lets people know that I have eggs for sale. I still have not planted very much myself. I need to get my butt in gear.

If you have to buy new hardware cloth, you should go with the 3ft roll. We liked it much better and it seemed to cover more quicker. Well, I gotta run... put some pics up for all of us to see!!
love.gif

The girls are getting so big! I'll post pictures after this weekend, I have family visiting (taking my Mom home tomorrow, but that's an 8 hour drive in one direction) right now. My plan for Minday morning is spending it updating here as well as my blog, lol!

ACL, I can't even imagine being that close to something like that! I've grown up in the Pacfic Northwest where all we have to worry about is Volcanos, lol. Well, forest fire too, but those are almost like any other Sunday... I think I'm going to get 2x4 fencing or chain link, I have most of the 100' roll of 2' tall hardware cloth left to do the lower portion, just need something to cover the upper half of the run walls with!

I have even more plants to get in the ground today...went and bought myself a cherry and a grape tomato plant as well as an Ivory colored Bell Pepper and a Pineapple Sage (smells heavenly)! I need to go get the rest of my squash and cukes in the ground before the sun goes down...I have to be up and ready to leave early in the morning!

Hope, yes, for the most part! I have had a little help when things were just too big for me to do alone and he's helped by holding a board or two while I cut it (literally one or two boards though). My Mom helped with the second coat of exterior paint the other day as well.

Macadam...What? You didn't put a 40" LCD in your ChickMansion?
wink.png
I do have a color security camera I still need to install though...

Back
Top Bottom