New puppy!!!

What a cutie!! My grandad had a dog similar. She was sooo good, and hyper. He would try to tell her to sit, and she would just look at him, and walk away, like she was saying....waitaminute. So, that becamer he name..... Waitaminute. ( waite a minute) LOL My son got an aussie mix for his 6 yr old son...her name is now LUCY. She is a bundle of energy...like a live wire!

Aah, that helps a lot. So you're already familiar with handling dogs and working with them. Makes a big difference! Just keep that girl busy and she'll be a good pet.
lol.png

Amy

Oh she is gorgeous! I love BCs and Aussies, but to be honest I'm a lazy but and just could never keep up with one
lol.png
! I too, like the name Gracefulspice thought up, "River". It's different, and maybe she'll live up to her name and "go with the flow".
smile.png

Well tonight I think we have came up with a suitable name maybe. I are thinking about calling her Sassy. Since she has a Sassy personality. You guys can keep names a coming though we aren't dead set that is what we want to call her. I love this dog, she has never lived in a house until now, and yet I have only had one accident. And that was when our cat was trying to play with her and she got so scared she peed her self.!!:lauShe has done nothing but sleep and show off, and do the funniest things. She has the funniest personality of any dog I have seen before.

What a cutie...We also have an Aussie she is a black tri basically same coloring as yours...Jazz...She is just over two years old and a love bug!!! I have to agree that they need to work...we also have a ball crazed lab who will play fetch for hours on end and Jazz will try to herd him while he is running for his ball...she nips at his heels if she can keep up with him. She is also very sensitive to loud noises she hates the vaccume and the dryer at the groomers...But she also loves the hose and is impossible when we are trying to move the sprinkler around...Good luck I would get another Aussie in a heartbeat.

Beautiful puppy.

I agree that they can be a handful at times. I would not go so far as to say they make a bad pet. They just need something to do.

A cheap and easy toy for your dog is a tennis ball chucker. (Get a used one of course, baseballs might be to hard..)Teach the dog to drop it in the loader and the ball shoots out. The dog runs to get it, takes it back drops it in the loader repeat repeat etc... =-). It will keep the dog busy for hours each day, give it tons of exercise and mellow your dog out.

Hope this helps you and remember this dog will be very smart. You teach it to open a door, it will open them all.... They can be taught to close the door behind them to. Try to think ahead, if I teach the dog this what else will it do with this skill.

Bubba

I think Sassy is a great name for her. She comes from hearding dog breeds. Give her a job and it will make her happy. I have a golden retriever who is in charge of guarding the chickens. He checks on them every morning when they get up and every night when they go to bed.

Marsha

Back
Top Bottom