NEW REACTION EMOJI'S ?!

I went to agree with you and "nearly" pressed the "like" button! Aaarrggghhh LOL.

In conversation we often have "reactions" that are non-verbal - A smile, a frown, a laugh - and I tend to use the reaction buttons here in the same way. If I have something to "say" then I'll say it.

Imagine what our threads would look like without the availability of reactions. They would either be filled with short responses or people might not bother to respond at all.

Personally, I would get a bit bored surfing through 10 pages of "like" or "agree" in order to read the posts with more to say.

I went to agree with you and "nearly" pressed the "like" button! Aaarrggghhh LOL.

In conversation we often have "reactions" that are non-verbal - A smile, a frown, a laugh - and I tend to use the reaction buttons here in the same way. If I have something to "say" then I'll say it.

Imagine what our threads would look like without the availability of reactions. They would either be filled with short responses or people might not bother to respond at all.

Personally, I would get a bit bored surfing through 10 pages of "like" or "agree" in order to read the posts with more to say.
Well said!

I've just been fossicking through a variety of other threads including the "Hobby" thread and the various "funny chicken" threads. You know - we have some truly fantastic and talented skills amongst us!

So I would like to make a wee proposal as follows:

We could have a wee competition where BYC people can submit their own designs for potential reaction icons. All icons must be based on "chicken" reactions - not human ones!

I personally like the use of emojis, but not excessively- especially with sarcasm, it can be hard to tell the intent of something without being able to see someone's face. However, I agree that when you use an emoji every sentence, it gets a bit ridiculous. I'll usually have the ':lol:' one at the end of a message to make it clear that I'm joking, ':)' to be clear that i"m being friendly (usually used if I'm correcting misinformation to make sure people know that I'm trying to helpfully correct, not tear them down) or ':p' to let people know that I'm being silly/not super serious.

I've just been fossicking through a variety of other threads including the "Hobby" thread and the various "funny chicken" threads. You know - we have some truly fantastic and talented skills amongst us!

So I would like to make a wee proposal as follows:

We could have a wee competition where BYC people can submit their own designs for potential reaction icons. All icons must be based on "chicken" reactions - not human ones!
I like that idea aside from where I can't add color to a drawing, or draw in a proper cartoony style :lol:

Dunno what u meant but I'm sure it was a valuable comment.
1606751787469.png

Back
Top Bottom