New Silkies~New Member~

ChazsChikNCoop

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 21, 2009
Michigan
Hello all I am a new member here. I am hoping to find fellow Chicken lovers here.I just got 7 silkie chicks. They hatched Jan 1. I think I have white. partridge, black and blue. One blue/grey one has a white patch on his head. You cant see it reall well in the pic. It's hard to get good pics of them . . . they don't hold still.

I am hoping to show them. Does anyone have, show, or know what I should look for in a good bird? Please share pix!

White Spot
014.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

020.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

I am located in SW Michigan. So would those chicks be considered blue? Does anyone know if the spot on the one would be disqualification?

I'm sorry to say that those birds won't mature to be SQ. The color of the birds as adults will be different than the down color of the chicks.

welcome-byc.gif

Although all silkies are great chickens, Your chicks don't look like they would have the kind of feathering on their legs and feet for the show ring. But there is nothing wrong with having pet quality for just having a nice little chicken.

Hey, there! Welcome.
It's likely you won't know if they're show quality for awhile. In the meantime, they will brainwash you with their amazing Evil Silkie powers. Oh, and you'll want more & more Silkies!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom