New Swim Set-up

This looks great!

I have a few questions I hope you won't mind answering.

Can I ask how many ducks you have and if one tub is enough for them?
Also with it being collapsible is it holding up to them jumping in and out?
How does the filter part work? Does it use chemicals or anything like that to help keep the water clean?
Did the filter/tub come as a unit and if the was fountain part of it as well or something extra you added?

Sorry for all the questions.
I currently have just a kiddie pool and that works okay for the ducks but I have some geese now and the pool just seems to be getting smaller and smaller for them.

Thank you.

Last edited:
@CO987
Can I ask how many ducks you have and if one tub is enough for them?
We have 8 ducks. They are all around 6 months old. So far, this seems enough. they graduated from two baby pools to this. No more than 4 ever get in at a time, and the others either chill on the "steps" or in the grass on the other side. No fighting or bullying.

Also with it being collapsible is it holding up to them jumping in and out?
The amount of water in the pool keeps the sides nice and tight. The Muscovies jump and perch on the side and it doesn't waver at all.

How does the filter part work? Does it use chemicals or anything like that to help keep the water clean?
The filter is a single unit with a pump and bio filter in the base and a sponge intake filter on the top layer. No chemicals. The pump pulls the water through the sponge and it soaks through the bio filter, then jetted through the sprinkler. The unit has a UV filter option but we didn't get it. I will be checking the sponge filter in 5 days to see just how much it collects and judge from there how often to clean it. It is SUPER simple to take apart and clean.

Did the filter/tub come as a unit and if the was fountain part of it as well or something extra you added?
The tub and filter were purchased separately. The fountain is part of the filter unit.

Our ducks actually didn't mind the smaller pools. They took turns, semi-floated, and just enjoyed themselves. My husband and I just wanted to give them something more so they could truly swim, not just semi-float.

55" Pond-https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1S7JRP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Filter- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009YUJQW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Never too many questions on this forum!

I had a similar pump but with a smaller pool with 6 ducks and it didn’t keep up. It would start dribbling out the top instead of spraying because it would get clogged with muck. I tried cleaning it twice a day and still was disgusting. Hopefully yours is better than the one I had. I was disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom