New Threads widget

WesleyBeal

Chirping
Nov 28, 2016
Douglas County, Minnesota
Question for anyone:

Near the bottom of the home page is a widget that shows the most recent "New Threads" that have been started on the site.

Anyone know if there's a place you can view more than just the last 5?

I rather like watching that. Much easier to see if there's stuff that interests me than trying to follow every new post that gets made.

Question for anyone:

Near the bottom of the home page is a widget that shows the most recent "New Threads" that have been started on the site.

Anyone know if there's a place you can view more than just the last 5?

I rather like watching that. Much easier to see if there's stuff that interests me than trying to follow every new post that gets made.
Are you on a computer or phone/tablet?

On a computer if you click on FORUMS...then look all the way to the right you will see both NEW POST and UNANSWERED THREADS.
I think this is what you are looking for...click on those

Are you on a computer or phone/tablet?

On a computer if you click on FORUMS...then look all the way to the right you will see both NEW POST and UNANSWERED THREADS.
I think this is what you are looking for...click on those

Yeah, that shows either threads that haven't been replied to, or new posts in any threads, regardless of whether they were just created or not.

What I'm interested in is new threads that have been created. They may well have had replies made to them. If there was a way to look at new threads created in descending order by the date they were created, that'd be what I was interested in.

gotcha.....this is an excellent idea!
I'd like this too!

I'm WAY Past Trying to follow These CHANGES, ..... I JUST want Information easy to get like B4, EVERY TIME I come on I've got those Lil Red box things.... Grrrr
1. Articles : how do I read them ! Click on ! What ever .....
2. Reviews : " repeat above "
3. is there an Idiot page for those of us whom R ol School.

I'm WAY Past Trying to follow These CHANGES, ..... I JUST want Information easy to get like B4, EVERY TIME I come on I've got those Lil Red box things.... Grrrr
1. Articles : how do I read them ! Click on ! What ever .....
2. Reviews : " repeat above "
3. is there an Idiot page for those of us whom R ol School.
I'll work on making one today!

I'll work on making one today!
I take this back...there is so much to learn I would never be able to finish a "help" page.
In the future you can PM me ANYTIME...I will direct you to either the solution or another member that may know it! lol

I take this back...there is so much to learn I would never be able to finish a "help" page.
In the future you can PM me ANYTIME...I will direct you to either the solution or another member that may know it! lol

We're happy to help with this if a few peeps want to get together on a thread to discuss what should be on there, then @sumi can help in putting together one article or post with everything together!

BTW, regarding help via PM: We like to have stuff in the public forum where everyone can learn and help together.

:thumbsup

Yeah, that shows either threads that haven't been replied to, or new posts in any threads, regardless of whether they were just created or not.

What I'm interested in is new threads that have been created. They may well have had replies made to them. If there was a way to look at new threads created in descending order by the date they were created, that'd be what I was interested in.
I just discovered something you may like.
Go to forums.
For example purpose I am going to use the first forum on the list.
Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 4.48.53 PM.png

BYC Website &..... Click on it.
then click on Watch forum on the top right.
Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 4.48.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 4.49.57 PM.png

when you select to watch forum you can then select to be notified when NEW Threads are made:
Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 4.51.00 PM.png

Which will notify you when a new thread is made!
I'm guessing you would have to "watch all forums" to be notified if and when a new thread is made, and this made be a hard/long way to go about it but it will work!
Right?

Back
Top Bottom