New To Backyard Chickens from Saratoga County, New York

Thanks so much for your Welcome!!!! I now have 14 little chicks and they will be one week old tomorrow....

Hi Louis ---- I'm so thrilled - I have 14 chicks who will be one-week old tomorrow....ordered from McMurray Hatchery...a few Rhode Island Reds, Quail Antwerp Belgium, Aracuna, Black Polish (so far, my favorite) Mille Fleur, Porcelain - Bantams. Have you been a chicken owner for awhile? I've been buying all my supplies at Tractor Supply and ordered a coop on line from Tractor Supply as well. If you have any local suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Joyce

(Wilma is the SpokesChicken for my flock...
welcome-byc.gif
) so glad you messaged me! I should have been paying more attention to the new member posts... I'm thrilled you are enjoying your flock and am so happy to have met you on "delivery day"

Hello! I'm new to BYC too, although I have been getting info for over a year now off this site :). We are in Gansevoort with 6 hens....what a winter, huh??

Does anyone have a supplier for non-GMO or organic layer pellets? Greenwich and Ballston spa Agway carry them but they are so pricey! I can find cheaper online but shipping from Midwest makes it just as pricey, even more. Any suggestions? Any local mills for bulk grains? Farms that I could buy from?

We have a run but we let them out to free range daily (well, not so much in this weather!)....this winter went through SO many pellets, but I am a believer in you are what you eat, so I can't justify having chicks and not having them eat non gmo and organic.

Hello! I'm new to BYC too, although I have been getting info for over a year now off this site
smile.png
. We are in Gansevoort with 6 hens....what a winter, huh??

Does anyone have a supplier for non-GMO or organic layer pellets? Greenwich and Ballston spa Agway carry them but they are so pricey! I can find cheaper online but shipping from Midwest makes it just as pricey, even more. Any suggestions? Any local mills for bulk grains? Farms that I could buy from?

We have a run but we let them out to free range daily (well, not so much in this weather!)....this winter went through SO many pellets, but I am a believer in you are what you eat, so I can't justify having chicks and not having them eat non gmo and organic.
images

Welcome to BYC!

You can chat with others in your state to see if they know where you can get non-GMO foods. They are out there, but not all that common yet....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

Hello! I'm new to BYC too, although I have been getting info for over a year now off this site
smile.png
. We are in Gansevoort with 6 hens....what a winter, huh??

I am also in gansevoort - let me know what you find! :)

Back
Top Bottom