New to BYC and to Israel

GabbyRut69

Hatching
May 16, 2015
I use to own a small backyard hatchery in the US. I now live in Israel and i want to start one here. Anyone know where to buy chicks in Israel? All im finding are leghorns and meatbirds.

With all the bird flu in the US and some in Northern Israel..i am unsure where to find quality chicks and what the import rules and costs are.

If anyone in Israel can help..please pm me. I am starting a free range farm. I also will be growing organic food and feed for the animals. I have the structures already..just need the chicks to fill it up. I have enough room for about 2000 chickens

Gabby

welcome-byc.gif
So glad you decided to join us. Good luck in locating your flock.

Here's page of a search for Israel : https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=Israel

You could try posting your questions to them?

Welcome to BYC, Gabby. Glad you decided join our flock. My father was in Israel twice and loved his visits there; and I would love to visit Israel. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting the chicks you want.

Shalom and Welcome to Backyard chickens. We do have an Israeli woman who has posted about the featherless chickens that were being raised as meatbirds. Sorry I can't remember her user name. If you put "featherless chickens," in the search box, maybe her posts will pop up.

The search box worked - her name is danischi 24. She wrote of a couple ones she rescued , one called Gimpy. I know you aren't interested in meat birds but, I would think she would know what else is available in Israel.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom