New to chickens! Pleasanton, CA

DemarisJewelry

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 27, 2013
Pleasanton, CA (East S.F.Bay Area)
Hi, I've been researching backyard chickens for the past month and am finally gearing up to take the plunge! We live in Pleasanton, CA on a quarter acre. We have 3 boys (11, 12 & 16), 4 Guinea Pigs, a 16 year old Basenji and a 5 year old ex-racing Greyhound. I have a large raised bed veggie garden and am going to place the chicken coop near the garden partially under a large pear tree. There is a nice sized fenced in yard on this side of the house. It also contains our Guinea Pig garden where the piggies snack and play. We'll be disassembling and getting rid of a large old metal shed because it has a 10x10 cement pad under it that I thought would be perfect protection from predators. I don't think we have any predators, but better safe than sorry. I'll be building the coop in the next few weeks. Does anybody know the best place to buy young chickens in the East Bay? I thought maybe in Livermore, but want to see if anybody has a favorite that they recommend. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Demaris

Back
Top Bottom