New to ducks: Agressive khaki drake towards female mallard

Note: Domestic Mallard are not the same as Wild Mallard.
YeahNo! A hand raised wild mallard duckling comes really close to a domesticated one. But it will have all toes…
Btw. I think it's barbaric that the hatcheries »remove« the back toe of the mallard ducklings. I can imagine how that does happen… :sick

YeahNo! A hand raised wild mallard duckling comes really close to a domesticated one. But it will have all toes…
Btw. I think it's barbaric that the hatcheries »remove« the back toe of the mallard ducklings. I can imagine how that does happen… :sick
I don't like dogs with tails docked or ears cropped either..

How are they different other than one is domesticated other is wild. They look the same and sound the same? Don't they? I sure can't tell a difference.
There is no difference! - Apart from »domesticated« mallards usually hatch in an incubator and are familiar with being handled by humans. Yes and that toe-thing… :(

Just thinking if a wild Mallard and a domesticated Mallard were side by side I didn’t think there would be any difference. And even domestic Mallard ducklings are known to hatch under a female Mallard I understand they are good broody’s And mamas. :)

Back
Top Bottom