New to hatching: so many questions!

Smith Farmily

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2020
So much thanks in advance. I’m hoping and praying someone can help us!

we have about 20 chickens and 2 roosters. Recently our Brahma went broody and I thought , well let’s Let her hatch this babies and see what happens. My 3 year old was collecting eggs for me and took her eggs. She is still there and now has about 8 eggs under her for about 25 days now since my son grabbed the originals and we have 2 other broody hens now so I decided to get an incubator as per a Freind’s recommendation but I am not sure what stage the eggs are all at so I don’t know what humidity level to set the bator to. Can anyone help me? Are they all a lost cause?

Post pictures of them being candled and we might be able to help more.

You can also google egg candling in different stages and then candle your own at home to try and see what day you think yours might be on. I use this website a lot just to see candling pics and compare mine.

Start putting X marks with a Sharpie marker on the eggs that are for hatching and tell your 3 year old that those are the ones to leave alone. :) That's what my mom did for me when I was a little egg collector. ;)

Here are some of the eggs. I can’t tell if any of them are fertile or if they are just rotten. I saw movement in one of them I think

Attachments

• E10C26C7-59E3-4EC7-AF14-68E31875B979.jpeg
    E10C26C7-59E3-4EC7-AF14-68E31875B979.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 13
Here are some of the eggs. I can’t tell if any of them are fertile or if they are just rotten. I saw movement in one of them I think
You've gotten good advice so far. The egg on the top right corner in this pic looks about day 14 to me, its looking good. I don't know about the others here though, they aren't quite clear enough to see. Leave them all in though just in case.

Back
Top Bottom