New to here from Upstate South Carolina

I just love our chickens. Hubby finally got the coop done. Now he has to get the run finish. It was so hot this past weekend he was doing good to finish what he did. Poor man came in and look like he had been swimming. lol.
yippiechickie.gif
He said that's it. They have more room. Now I need a shower. I said looks like you had one.
gig.gif
And all I got was that look .
tongue.gif

I remember when I was a kid that they always made a great pet. But I hated the geese. I had to walk around with a bat in my hands in the yard because of them. I really hated them. lol

Hope everyone is having a chick filled day.

bun.gif

Bev,
are you still sneezing around the chickens? Do you have to stay a good ways off from them or can you go in the coop with them before it starts? Sometimes we out grow stuff like that. I know you wish you had.
There is something homeopathic that is good for that but right now my mind can not bring it up. I wish I could remember more! Old age ain't for sissies!

Congrats on getting the coop done! I know it is exciting!
We are building our third one this week (second one this year) and need to make 2 more tractors for separating some hens with their spouses.

I can be around them for a little bit. But the more I stay the worse it gets. lol.

Tonight I went out to check on them and a few of them were pecking on four others. Had them bloody. I had to put the four plus my little phoneixs up so they could heal. They have not done that before. And not really sure why tonight. So what do I do there? Maybe it was because they were in a small area for a while together. I had to open the coop up and clean out the water, feed and the bottom and forgot to put them back out. But they had water in there and feed. I don't know. I will just have to keep them up until they heal. They are not bad just hurt for the most part. Ok got to get to sleep and get up with those crazy chickens. lol. Wish me luck. I need it. lol

Have a blessed night!

I am so glad we got our chickens, turkeys, and geese. Who would have thought you could get so much enjoyment out of birds?? I can't wait to get home from work in the evenings to go see them. They are such a stress reliever!!

I do have to admit that I used to be scared of chickens. Years ago, my DH and his family had a few chickens. Once when they went out of town, I was left in charge to gather eggs. I was terrified that they would peck me! So, I went in the house and got the oven mitts before I even tried to get the first egg. How silly is that???
jumpy.gif

Hi, I am Lowery's just out of Chester Sc. Daddy to 7 children, all gone, 6 goats, wife, 9 guinea and 30 chickens. Mostly Barren Rockes but have some RIRs, and mix, silky and rir.

Hi -
frow.gif

I'm in Cassatt, just outside of Camden going north on Hwy #1. Been here for 10 yrs. this past June. Originally from southern PA.

Just got started with chickens again after many years, which are now 8 wks old. I posted in the Me, My family... some days ago. I don't post much.
smile.png

But I'm reading the borad like crazy.

Welcome everyone!
SC is such a great place to be. Okay, maybe not right now with this horrid heat but come the middle of Sept we will all be ready to be outside more with the chickens, doing our thang!
I keep telling the poor dears that soon I won't have to put out frozen water bottles and have the fan on them. I know they will be so happy for some cooler temps. Me, too!
D.gif

Welcome mawmaw_t. I haven't been through your town in years. Course it has been years since I have been down that way. My hubby is from southern PA. Mckeesports area. He has been here over 20 years now. lol Still can't handle the humid weather. Doesn't bother me one bit. lol.
welcome-byc.gif

jumpy.gif
Hey there goatman and Big Blue. It is so nice to meet you. I tell you what. There are some really nice people here.

My baby roosters are trying their best to get to the dinner table before their due time. lol. Crazy chickens. Lately when I go to clean and feed them they want to try and peck me . lol. You know they really don't care for they becks being held. lol.
ep.gif
lau.gif
I hope they will get over that soon. I DO hate the fly swat. I have this nice long red one that I keep near the door. They hate that thing. You know you can make a chicken go bald just by holdng that thing up
lau.gif
yippiechickie.gif
Oh well.
duc.gif

Hope everyone has a great weekend. And stay cool. I know it is going to be around 95 today here.

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom