New to here from Upstate South Carolina

lau.gif
That is too funny . lmao.... I was just yesterday helping a lady set up a weekend down there. Our favorite place is called The Elliott Inn. It is right there at King St. and is just the best place to stay. I have sent many of people there. It really is not for kids. It is more of a couples places. Wine and cheese in the afternoons. Oh it is awesome. Here is a link you can look at.
http://www.elliotthouseinn.com/

And if you find a sitter. Let me know how much feed they charge.
gig.gif

Holy moly! That is a nice spot! We'd go in a flash but we have a 13 yr old DD to bring along. So it is more about finding a hotel with a pool and nice beach front or river front view from the balcony.
fl.gif

We used to camp a good bit down at Edisto SP but for just a weekend we figure the hotels are closer to what we like to see. I have lots of brochures from 2 years ago I think I will go through and find out when the tours run to Ft Sumter and Patriots Point. I have promised the family those sites for the past few years.

Still looking for a chicken sitter! Oh and a sitter for the almost 50 Guinea pigs my DD has, too! Nah, that shouldn't be too hard to find!
lau.gif

Heres an e- mail from my mama, God Bless South Carolina

Ahhhh South Carolina

Once upon a time in the kingdom of Heaven, God was missing for six days. Eventually, Michael the archangel found him, resting on the seventh day.

He inquired of God, "Where have you been?"

God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds,

"Look, Michael. Look at what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put Life on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."

"Balance?" Inquired Michael, still confused.

God explained, pointing to different parts of earth. "For example, northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth but cold and harsh while southern Europe is going to be poor but sunny and pleasant. I have made some lands abundant in water and other lands parched deserts. This one will be extremely hot and while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a land mass and said "What's that one?"

"Ah," said God. "That's The Low Country Of South Carolina - the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful beaches, streams, and forests. The people from SC are going to be handsome, modest, intelligent and humorous and they are going to be found traveling the world. They will be extremely sociable, hardworking and high achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, "What about balance, God? You said there would be balance!"

God replied wisely, "Wait until you see the idiots I put in COLUMBIA."

A SOUTH CAROLINA BLESSING

Note: If you are not a resident of SOUTH CAROLINA or never have lived in the hot, humid South, you may not understand the weight of this blessing!

Bless this house, oh Lord, we cry.
Please keep it cool in mid-July.

Bless the walls where termites dine,
While ants and roaches march in time.

Bless our yard where spiders pass
Fire ant castles in the grass.

Bless the garage, a home to please
Carpenter bees, ticks and fleas.

Bless the love bugs, two by two,
The gnats and mosquitoes that feed on you.

Millions of creatures that fly or crawl,
In Carolina, Lord, you've put them all!

But this is home, and here we'll stay,
So thank you Lord, for insect spray.

HOLD IT... there's more...

YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN SOUTH CAROLINA IN JULY WHEN...

The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
The trees are whistling for the dogs.
The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
Hot water now comes out of both taps.
You can make sun tea instantly.
You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.
The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a little chilly.
You discover that in July it only takes 2 fingers to steer your car.
You discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.
You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
You break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m.
Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"
You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
The potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.
Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.
The cows are giving evaporated milk.

Ah, what a place to call home... God Bless Our State of SOUTH CAROLINA!

I love that place Nadine. Now if I can find a babysitter for the boys and the chickens I will have to go.

Nccountrygirl..... You have me laughing myself silly. Not because it is funny. But because it is the truth. lol. I have burnt my hands opening the car door before. lol. Thank you sweetie. I needed a good laugh today.

lau.gif
gig.gif
hugs.gif
thumbsup.gif

Wow! Speak to my heart! Your Mom knows SC, fer sure, nccounrtygirl!
I laughed so much my eyes teared up. Ain't it the truth though?

We took a trip down to Charleston yesterday and picked up some Barnevelders and it was hot as hades!
Then we came back up to Salley (between Aiken and Columbia) and it was a bit nicer but still hot as we picked up some Araucanas.
We got home and opened the van doors and it was a blessing! Upstate has some nice temps near the NC border here. Whew, what a day! We love Charleston and the air smelled divine there in the low country and the land was gorgeous all around Salley as there was hardly any trace of humans to be found but even with neighbors the air up here is a bit easier to work in.
cool.png

The last couple of days have been a blessing. Nice and cool in the morning. Makes cleaning a little easier. hehehehe...
th.gif

We went home Friday for my brother and my B-Day. Friday evening we went out in my sister and BIL's sailboat to Bomb Island ( one of the many islands in Lake Murray ) to watch the Purple Martins come in. We motored out to the island and ate supper about 7:45 they started coming in, I bet there were millions of them, they came from everywhere for well over and 1 1/2 hrs. what a sight to behold. When it got dark they put up the sails and we sailed on back to the marina. We had a lovely time.

http://lakemurrayfun.com/martins.html

I went to Murray a few times when I was a kid. But it has been forever since I went there. I don't remember much about Murray. But I do remember this one boy. Broke my heart. lol He was much older than I. lol

I would love to see that with the fish. I love watching animals and just the world around me . So much to learn and see. There is never a day that goes by that I don't learn something new. I will have to look into taken the boys to see that.

SOUTH CAROLINA GIRLS
>
>
>
>
> Three men were sitting together bragging about how they had given their
> new wives duties.
>
> The first man had married a woman from Iowa and had told her that she
> was going to do dishes and house cleaning. It took a couple of days, but
> on the third day he came home to a clean house and dishes washed and put
> away.
>
> The second man had married a woman from Illinois. He had given his wife
> orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes, and the cooking. The
> first day he didn't see any results, but the next day he saw it was
> better. By the third day, he saw his house was clean, the dishes were
> done, and there was a huge dinner on the table.
>
> The third man had married a girl from South Carolina. He told her that
> her duties were to keep the house cleaned, dishes washed, lawn mowed,
> laundry washed, and hot meals on the table for every meal. He said the
> first day he didn't see anything, and the second day he didn't see
> anything, but by the third day some of the swelling had gone down, and
> he could see a little out of his left eye, enough to fix himself a bite to
> eat and load the dishwasher.

AUTHOR UNKNOWN...BUT APPRECIATED

lau.gif
gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif

We've been married 28 years and my house is still a mess. DH is the best cook. I often forget to wash his work clothes and usually wind up pulling something for him to wear out of the dryer at the last minute but you can hear him bragging to his friends about how nice I keep the barn in order!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom