new to peas... questions

I dont know about fluffing up when it is warm.... but mine will do this when they are chilly.... but who ever said it is in the eyes had it right on..... If they are eating and drinking normally and their eyes are clear, aleart and open, and they are moving around normally then they are good... I would still keep a close eye on it... maybe put a heat lamp out, even if it is warmish.....mine will get under the lamp when it is 80 out! they seem to like heat more than chickens or water foul

These are the first 2 that I kept that hatched here on 5/23 they are 24 days old or a little over 3 weeks.
see why I say boy and girl, look at the difference in the feather coloring and there is also a bit of a size difference to.
This is Patch my first hatch

This is my second to hatch, her name is Penelope

Last edited:
You can definetly see the difference in color and tint on the wing and a little bit of difference in the shade of brown on the back and the back of the head just barely though. You have cute peachicks, my peahen just started to lay again I have the first egg in the incubator right now.

These are the first 2 that I kept that hatched here on 5/23 they are 24 days old or a little over 3 weeks.
see why I say boy and girl, look at the difference in the feather coloring and there is also a bit of a size difference to.
This is Patch my first hatch

This is my second to hatch, her name is Penelope

Those are excellent examples for sexing at a young age!

-Kathy

Last edited:
Pedda, you are probably wise to with hold guessing, but I think some of us are gamblers. I guess we are just anxious and excited parents, like those that like guessing if a woman is pregnant with a boy or girl, because of the way she's carrying etc... It will entertain us to hope and guess. Though, I appreciate having your wisdom about the inconclusive nature of it. Nothing in nature has a gaurentee on it. Sure do love these birds though, what ever they are!

You are re-affirming my original statement. " guesswork". I never mentioned any where that guessing is wrong.. This whole forum is full of experiences and knowledge sharing. I am having as much fun as anybody else/.

So what do you think Pedda Munnangi ? do they look like a brother and sister , I know it is subject to change but it is fun seeing the difference in the babies at such a young age it is something I had waited 40 years to do and it took 3 years to make it happen once I got them going , yea I am excited.. new stuff does that to me and others also I bet
wink.png

Have you hatched any wee peas this year, we do need some photos of you pretties if you have some
big_smile.png

The chicks in this photo from smallest to largest are:
Pink, Blue, Orange and Black. This was taken on 9-27

Here they are 10-15

Pink - DOB 8-23

Blue - DOB 8-6

Orange - DOB 7-23

Black - DOB 7-23

-Kathy

Last edited:
So what do you think Pedda Munnangi ? do they look like a brother and sister , I know it is subject to change but it is fun seeing the difference in the babies at such a young age it is something I had waited 40 years to do and it took 3 years to make it happen once I got them going , yea I am excited.. new stuff does that to me and others also I bet
wink.png

Have you hatched any wee peas this year, we do need some photos of you pretties if you have some
big_smile.png
Good work and . keep it flowing. I agree with you in this case. If all the Indiablue chicks exhibit the same barring pattern all the time, you can sex them early.I am also learning Zazous like anybody else. I am neither stub born. nor single minded. Thanks for sharing

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom