new to quail (my new quail pics)

My first one just popped out a few seconds ago!!!!! I accidentally broke this ones shell candling it on day 12 or 13 and was worried I messed it up...glad to see it still hatched and can understand why it is the first one.

Hello , I am new to quails too and have a question :
I put my quails with my chicken in the coop. I let my chicken out of the coop each morning to run around the yard and they return in the evening. Will the quails return as well ?
Thanks!

Quote: It's definitely addictive!

Quote: You're right about not keeping them chickens because of them getting sick. The people that free range their quail have tamed them to the point that they can trust them to come back. Personally, I wouldn't take the chance.

Thanks for adding in, Razadia!

No problem! I miss getting to see just hatched quail, thanks for posting their progress!

It looks like you have at least one cinnamon. The one with the lightest stripes. They always turn out so pretty.
love.gif

Last edited:
No problem! I miss getting to see just hatched quail, thanks for posting their progress!

It looks like you have at least one cinnamon. The one with the lightest stripes. They always turn out so pretty.
love.gif
No problem! This has been fun!

Got 3 of those in this hatch! There was a chance of maybe a couple Texas A&M's in these eggs, but either none hatched or there were none???

Dang these little things are fun to watch!...
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I ended up with 16 babies out of 30 bought eggs. I wish there would of been more hatch, but super excited some hatched at all! 3 died trying to hatch, 1 died the day after hatching and 10 eggs didn't develop at all.

I have 72 eggs in the bator right now.

I'm still going through all my baby quail pics, but here's a couple....

these little quail waterers are great!

These are in a 3ft by 5 ft brooder.

....and

My older ones that were layin' at the place before me are layin' again now that they have settled in. All the ones with feathers missing are growing in all new feathers. One male and two females had no feathers at all on their backs and sides. They are in a chicken tractor outside and look a lot better!

I have been watching my juvenile pen real close and seen a Tibetan crow today and a Texas A&M crow also. So glad I know what they are now....hoping the rest in there are female. The Texas A&M that crowed went into a pen of 3 female Texas A&M's. The Tibetan that crowed will hopefully be with 3 Texas A&M's that will be female for some future Tuxedo's. Fun fun!

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a plan. I was talking to my mom a bit ago and she told me that our oldest male has gotten to be pretty friendly with my dad. He has a cinnamon, a tux, and an A&M in with him. The A&M let's my dad pet her. Funny considering that Holla (the male) never liked anyone before. He waits for my dad to stick his hand in the cage and pecks at him.
lol.png
Really missing my birds right now. I miss my chickens too.

We have a big pen and coop that we moved all of our dual purpose chickens out of about 5 months ago that dad plans to turn into a quail pen. He just needs to move it and it's pretty heavy. Chances are he's going to wait until I get home to set it up. I don't have a very good picture of it, but this is it.

You sound like me when I started quail hoarding I'm looking into getting another bator as I think I need to hatch more than 28 eggs at a time for some reason I have 23 in my incubator on day 7 two 10 day old test birds in the brooder. (Test birds) well it's winter here people say you won't be able to hatch eggs that were exposed to cold -20c to be exact. 2 of 5 hatched not bad eh! So I loaded up my bator after those hatched with 28 eggs, well the dog had lunch on 3 one wasn't starting to develop and now I have 23 in there doing very well in the incubator that is. So goes to show u one person will say something and you can have your own first hand contradicting results. Quail breeding is awesome

Back
Top Bottom