new to quail (my new quail pics)

When I candled the shipped eggs I found some cracked eggs that passed the float test so my daughter got some eggs in her lunch after all. They got almost 24 hours of sitting on the counter and will get about that now that they are in the incubator. Hopefully doing my homework before starting this adventure will pay off! Thanks all!

I just ate quail eggs for the first time!....they were great! (just ate turkey eggs for the first time also and they were great too)

the 15 quail eggs...

this brown coturnix is the first quail I hatched out of quail I own....pretty excited about that!!! Looking forward to hatching quail out of quail I have hatched now and so forth!!!

got this white one out of all brown parents...

a baby golden coturnix that just hatched....

You have a color I don't. I know there are several I don't have yet. Cute little thing.

Hi! New to quails--we got our first 20 coturnix a month ago & will be getting 20 A&Ms this weekend:D They are so fun! Thanks for sharing some great pictures 3acres.
smile.png
Congrats on the new quail! I never really thought I'd like raising them, but I do. They're a lot of fun to have around.

Hi! New to quails--we got our first 20 coturnix a month ago & will be getting 20 A&Ms this weekend:D They are so fun! Thanks for sharing some great pictures 3acres.
smile.png
Hi back! Awesome on you getting quail! I've been having computer problems, I guess you probably have your A&M's now. I really like my A&M's! Yep, they are fun! Thanks!....I have another group of ebay boughten eggs from 2 different sellers hatching out as I type this! ....going to be mostly A&M's it looks like.

You have a color I don't. I know there are several I don't have yet. Cute little thing.
I'm getting some interesting chicks in these last couple hatches.....anxious to see what they look like when they grow up. I can't believe how fast they grow so won't be long. My first hatch of chicks are already like adults almost.....(mostly browns). Looks like I'll have a lot of females in the group. I can't wait to start mix breeding the A&M's with everything and see what I get.....mostly whites in this last hatch going on now.

Hi back!  Awesome on you getting quail!  I've been having computer problems, I guess you probably have your A&M's now.  I really like my A&M's!  Yep, they are fun!  Thanks!....I have another group of ebay boughten eggs from 2 different sellers hatching out as I type this!  ....going to be mostly A&M's it looks like.

Welcome to poultry anonymous, my name is Sheila and I'm a fellow addict:D
The guy we bought the 2-week-old Texas A&Ms had adults for sale too so naturally, I bought a breeding group of 5;) They lay such huge eggs! Weighed one last night & it was .75 oz!:eek: Rechecked the first 20 cots we got & we ended up with 9 males & 11 females. We're getting 14-15 eggs a day:thumbsup Those cots also came with 6 free button quails & I got busy dividing them by pairs this weekend & putting them in 10-gallon aquariums. I'm hoping I have a male & female in each (not sure about 1).

Keep us posted on your new chicks--you take such awesome pictures:) What camera do you use?

Back
Top Bottom