New to raising a house goose!

Hi Franks mom! I also had a house goose for a bit, his name is Waffles and he is now an outdoor goose. I love him to pieces but it was better for him and for my sanity that way XD Waffles was also happiest when I put him with his duck buddies. They were too small for awhile to be with him but Waffles was very upset any time he was left alone so as soon as they were big enough I put them together and he’s been a happy goose since!
:goodpost:

As I'm sure you'll be told many more times, he'd probably be much happier as an outdoor goose, with a friend. Indoor ducks are debated at best, and require a lot of care and attention- more than you'd have time to give, with an infant human child. Geese are bigger than ducks, obviously, and worse as indoor pets than ducks. You should probably start building them an outdoor pen, secure against predators.
Geese are messy things, too. You probably don't want an adult goose in your house any more than the adult goose wants to be in there. It'll cause problems when that kid starts getting to an age where he can get into trouble.
Also, I don't think a chinchilla or an infant human are good for a goose to interact with. Geese can be really rough. A goose could accidentally kill a chinchilla, and could bite a child pretty badly. Plus there's the chance of salmonella- I'm fairly sure immunocompromised people, including very young people, are supposed to be kept far away from live poultry.
Basically, I'm sure your intentions are nothing but the best, and Frank is lovely, but he should probably be an outside bird.

Back
Top Bottom